Search

Getting back to R/c need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Getting back to R/c need help

Hello all,

10 Years ago I was messing with Nitro Stadium trucks. Now that I am older and still have some exp in chassis set up I was looking for a good r/c chassis to buy.

I currently got an e-10 from my wife for X-mas but sadly she is not what I expected and frankly I do not want to drop 200 into a car that will never be what I want it.

I noticed that there are little to no mid level chassis out there unless I buy the HPI Sprint 2 systems. (not really wanting a ready to run car.

Any Ideas would be great I was looking into the TC6.1 Factory Team. but any help would be great. I do plan on doing the ROAR stuff in time so I want a chassis that will help me carry over to that.

Need to mention I am not interested in drift only touring.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey mate
if your after a mid level touring car id go for the tamiya ta05 or the ta06, or you could spend the money now and get a more high end car such as tamiya trf417. if your going to get into touring racing its also best to see what car is being run mostly at your local track and also check if parts for that car are stocked at your local hobby store. Or else you will be buying majority of your stuff online which isnt a bad thing either.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Touring cars goes out of style VERY quickly so you can get very affordable ($200) cars that are only a year or so old.

I would look at getting a used TC5/6, TOP Photon, Robotronic Avid, I'm not up on the Tamiya car models but I know guys who run them and do well. Xray also makes nice cars, but again I am not knowledgeable about them.

If you're looking at seriously racing you should look at what you LHS and nearby dealers stock so you have parts availability. Nothing like waiting 2-3 weeks for some piece of plastic that you have to have but is getting shipped from China

Also pay a visit to local tracks and see what everyone else is running, you will not want to be the only guy at the track in your class so see which ones are the most full of cars and ask around.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I live in Florida and found a local club. The gentleman (dino) said the same thing and is attempting to hook me up with a car. My wife loves me and gave a me a nice budget of about 500.

He also got me hooked on Vintage Trans Am. Again I am rather new to Electric but this HPI e10 will not be cost effective for what I want. Also with a higher turn 25.5 motor I should be able to learn have a better controlled speed and well a tad more advanced skill for that rule set. He let me try his Schumacher chassis and I loved how simple the set can be. I have big hands and it seemed easier to play with the set options.

I also liked the TC5/6 as well for the very same resins. The next question is where would I be able to find a decent car with that type of setup. It seems that motor 25.5t is rather pricey.