Wiki Posts
Search

Hey all!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hey all!

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum but I have been reading and learning about everything rc from you all. I used to have simple cars when I was young but have just recently acquired a Slash. (great work Christmas bonus!). I have the bug bad already! I live in pinellas county Florida. Just dropping in to say hi and thanks for all the information you have and continue to provide!

Rob
Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Welcome fellow RC'er!!! You'll like this forum, there's lots of nice people & info, you can learn allot. The mod bug always bites just depends on how hard! What model Slash do u have anyways? What goodies are you lookin' at getting soon?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Yep. Venom is right . You'll have tons of fun with the slash, no pun intended. Oh yeah welcome to the rctech.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks! It's a 2wd vxl! When I got it I had to replace the bearing carriers up front and the tinkering alone got me hooked! It was used but still great!

I think the first upgrades will be rpm skid plates and then my casters. From reading a lot here I see aluminum casters should be used then the other parts can be rpm or other brands. I will also be buying a charger instead of converting a psu. I currently have a ICE charger but ac/dc seems better for my charging area, back porch on a metal top table with bricks around it. (paranoid after reading everything on lipos but I think it's worth it if you do it smart.)

My stuff will be slow but steady as I have kids and a wife. My wife drove it and had a blast, before that she didn't understand why I was excited to get it! My kids have also been playing with it so I see more trucks coming in the future as its a fun time for us All.

Currently I'm saving 2-liter bottles and 1-liter bottles to fill with mortar (have some laying around) to use as firm cones to practice driving around and stuff. I have only had it on grass and the street but I can't wait to take it on some dirt/gravel areas!

Thanks again all for the welcome and information on this site!

Last edited by Bugglass; 01-09-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added a line
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

That's awesome I start getting all pumped up when I see first timers getting exited with the whole family. I love this hobby.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

There's a lot of fun to be had!