R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   need hlp plz hpi bullett (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/585103-need-hlp-plz-hpi-bullett.html)

bullett 01-07-2012 08:04 PM

need hlp plz hpi bullett

hi guys,needs some help. got a hpi bullett 3.0 nitro st,had if for say 6wks,ive recently broke it in / tuned it got it cracking!!!! i havnt used it for couple of weeks say and i went to use it yesterday and when i start it, is revving its head off and wont stop i can apply the brakes and it stops then it revvs high again all on its own,whem\n applying the throttle on the hand controller it does nothing plz help cheers confused :confused:

karpouzian 01-07-2012 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by bullett (Post 10138338)
hi guys,needs some help. got a hpi bullett 3.0 nitro st,had if for say 6wks,ive recently broke it in / tuned it got it cracking!!!! i havnt used it for couple of weeks say and i went to use it yesterday and when i start it, is revving its head off and wont stop i can apply the brakes and it stops then it revvs high again all on its own,whem\n applying the throttle on the hand controller it does nothing plz help cheers confused :confused:

Just a guess from another newbie, but did you turn on the car before the radio?

Miniyota 01-07-2012 08:46 PM

^ +1

Turn on the electronics and reset the throttle servo to the neutral position on the remote - then start the motor

Either your getting interference or your throttle position is not set correctly, either on the remote or the actual linkage in the car

Simple solutions, might be more to it but this is where i would start.

bullett 01-07-2012 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by karpouzian (Post 10138442)
Just a guess from another newbie, but did you turn on the car before the radio?

yeah i always turn radio on first off last

bullett 01-07-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Miniyota (Post 10138487)
^ +1

Turn on the electronics and reset the throttle servo to the neutral position on the remote - then start the motor

Either your getting interference or your throttle position is not set correctly, either on the remote or the actual linkage in the car

Simple solutions, might be more to it but this is where i would start.

will do cheers mate,they were all facing up on all channels 1.2.3!!!! which one is the throttle? channel 1...... just that when it started the wheels are going flat chat when all facing up.ill wait till the glow igniter is charged and ill giv it ago.thanks

imrob 01-08-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by bullett (Post 10138535)
will do cheers mate,they were all facing up on all channels 1.2.3!!!! which one is the throttle? channel 1...... just that when it started the wheels are going flat chat when all facing up.ill wait till the glow igniter is charged and ill giv it ago.thanks

will the throttle shold be channel two. I hope you charged your battery in the car and the tx if need before running it again after 6 week if the battery and the tx or the car are dead or to weak for the rx your servo might not be getting enough juice to work right which will or can cause like iterfercne issue.

hotrod87 01-08-2012 01:15 PM

1 to turn 2 to burn. You might check the throttle linkage and make sure it didn't come loose I've seen it happen. The throttle valvein the Carb can rotate while the linkage just sits there.