Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Newbie Advice Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Another Newbie Advice Thread!

Hi, new to the forums and looking for some advice but a little about me (is this where i do this?) I used to race when i was younger and have recently found some motivation (graduated and now working $$) to get back into the hobby. I still have 2 xx Losi 2wd and 1 losi 4wd, i've heard from the hobby stores that these buggys are older and parts are more scarce so i'm looking into buying a truck (never owned one) for racing.

Friends and i are looking to buy some RCs and go racing at the local tracks.

I've done a some searching but figured making a new thread will be more time efficient.

- 1/10 scale is the most common for the local tracks right?

- Do the short course trucks/buggys race in a class of their own or do they just mix with other trucks?

- I've read a bit on xxx sct and the rc10 truck but do you guys think these are good platform trucks to buy? I am sort of leaning on a non RTR kit so i can better know how to fix it. I'm sort of looking for the best bang for buck truck..

- And recommended websites to buy from aside from amazon/ebay?

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by FooD2000
Hi, new to the forums and looking for some advice but a little about me (is this where i do this?) I used to race when i was younger and have recently found some motivation (graduated and now working $$) to get back into the hobby. I still have 2 xx Losi 2wd and 1 losi 4wd, i've heard from the hobby stores that these buggys are older and parts are more scarce so i'm looking into buying a truck (never owned one) for racing.

Friends and i are looking to buy some RCs and go racing at the local tracks.

I've done a some searching but figured making a new thread will be more time efficient.

- 1/10 scale is the most common for the local tracks right?

- Do the short course trucks/buggys race in a class of their own or do they just mix with other trucks?

- I've read a bit on xxx sct and the rc10 truck but do you guys think these are good platform trucks to buy? I am sort of leaning on a non RTR kit so i can better know how to fix it. I'm sort of looking for the best bang for buck truck..

- And recommended websites to buy from aside from amazon/ebay?

Thanks everyone.
- 1/10th classes -

2wd buggy stock
2wd buggy mod - under 13.5 brushless turn motors
4wd buggy
stock SC - 2wd 13.5 brushless and up
2wd mod SC
4wd SC
truck- open wheel style trucks losi xxx-t, AE T4
novice - open class for beginners, any vehicle, fewer laps

fixing a 2wd sc10 is EASY.

the SC class is the most popular. even a guy that runs 1/8 nitro will own a SC for the hell of it. its fun but the SC trucks are hard to control. lots of carnage and piles ups in that classes. you and your buddies go buy some SC10RS RTR trucks and knock out some lap times.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply,

I went ahead and got an sc10 on Craigslist with a few upgrades.

so 13.5 is the cut off huh?