Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
steering travel >

steering travel

steering travel

Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default steering travel

hey guys im still learning the ins and outs of RC, but i was looking at my FT b4 today and, i noticed if i turn the wheels all the way to the left, the left wheel seems to be at a greater angle than the right, and if i have it all the way to the left, there is a bunch of slop side to side
*btw this is with the car off, and me turning the wheels by hand

it seems if all the slop is in my ball cup, does this mean my ball cups might be shot and i need to throw some new ones on?

if i turn the wheels all the way to the right there is some slop but not as much, and the steering seems the same as when it was too the left, but not to the same extent
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rctek.com/technical/handl...principle.html
Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

thank you, so if I understood that correctly, it isnt a bad thing? lol
Old 11-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Correct. On a typical setup, the inside front wheel will be turned farther than the outside front.

Concerning the slop in your steering, it just depends on how much slop, the car involved, etc. I noticed my Kyoshos all seemed to have some slop when the wheels were turned and I thought I had something wrong. I looked at 2 other guys' Kyoshos at our track and the one said they all do that.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by klaymon
Correct. On a typical setup, the inside front wheel will be turned farther than the outside front.

Concerning the slop in your steering, it just depends on how much slop, the car involved, etc. I noticed my Kyoshos all seemed to have some slop when the wheels were turned and I thought I had something wrong. I looked at 2 other guys' Kyoshos at our track and the one said they all do that.

Okay thank you! yea I had looked at another b4 and it had slop too, mine is a little worse, but the car seems to drive fine. I was completely unaware though about the wheel being turned farther out