Wiki Posts
Search

Pinion and spur making loud noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Pinion and spur making loud noise

I have a mp9 buggy that I converted to electric and currently have a mamba 2200kv brushless motor and esc installed. But the problem I am trying to figure out is how to make the thing quiet? While on throttle it make a loud noise from the pinion and spurr rotating. Does anyone know how to fix this and make it sound how a normal electric buggy is supposed to sound. I have a 15t pinion and I believe a 48t spurr. I sent it up putting a piece of plastic between the 2 and tightened everything down and pulled the plastic out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has ever heard or experienced the same problem.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi mate, I`m no expert or dont own electric cars, but if anything like gear mesh on nitro cars, make sure you have some backlash on your gears, in other words, if you hold the pinion gear and move the spur, you should have a bit of movement, as with nitro this movement seems to tighten a bit once the screws etc have been tightened up, if what I have said you already have done and seems ok, maybe try and give it a little bit more and see if the noise quietens down, Good luck.....