Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi xxx-nt to brushless conversion help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi xxx-nt to brushless conversion help

Hey guys! I'm kinda new here, and could use some advice on a project. I have a friend looking into getting a Traxxas Rusty vxl and doing some racing. I would like to join him, but I have this xxx-nt sitting here I havent used in years in near perfect condition and had an idea. Why not do a conversion with maybe a Sidewinder Sv2 or something? I would probably kick myself in the end but I think it would be fun and rewarding at the same time. I guess the real question I have is the motor mount. I did some research online and here, with very little usefull info. I did find a thread here that kinda touched on it but, it ended up being useless due to flaming. So nothing really solid. Is there something available or is it a custom only thing? Also, I was looking at the CC website, and what's the dif between the Kv in the brushless motors? I don't own any and would be new to that technology. Some use 3s and some use 2s while all being the same model......how would that translate into usefullness in what I'm aiming to do? Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob

currently own:
OFNA Violator x2
Traxxas T-maxx 3.3
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Traxxas Monster Mutt
Losi xxx-nt
dual 2s 5k hyperions for summit
Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

No one has any advice or opinions on either matter??? Very surprized........
Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

On Kv rating, a higher Kv rating indicates the motor runs at a higher rpm and is therefore, generally faster.

Most 1/10th scale vehicles run on 2s batteries.

Back to the original question, all of the Losi XXX-whatever line of vehicles are pretty old and out of date. You're not going to find anything to just convert your NT to an electric truck. Even if you wanted to do it as an engineering exercise and machine a bunch of stuff yourself, you could quite literally hit a curb on your test run and be parked for the inability find a replacement steering bellcrank for example. At the end of the day, you wouldn't really have a truck any faster than many of the newer generation RTR's are these days. Sorry to be blunt but it's not something I would recommend taking on.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Makes sense......and prob why my searching has returned nothing useful. And btw, don't apologize for being blunt. If more people told it "how it is", there would be a lot less ignorance. Anyway, thx for the input. Maybe I'll just sell it for what ever it's worth and put that towards a RTR. I was considering a conversion on my 1/8 buggies too but I think I may as well just sell them too. I will however always have my T-Maxx. Nothing can replace the coolness factor of an actually running engine and the smell.
Originally Posted by MarkA
On Kv rating, a higher Kv rating indicates the motor runs at a higher rpm and is therefore, generally faster.

Most 1/10th scale vehicles run on 2s batteries.

Back to the original question, all of the Losi XXX-whatever line of vehicles are pretty old and out of date. You're not going to find anything to just convert your NT to an electric truck. Even if you wanted to do it as an engineering exercise and machine a bunch of stuff yourself, you could quite literally hit a curb on your test run and be parked for the inability find a replacement steering bellcrank for example. At the end of the day, you wouldn't really have a truck any faster than many of the newer generation RTR's are these days. Sorry to be blunt but it's not something I would recommend taking on.