Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Which car would you choose and why? >

Which car would you choose and why?

Which car would you choose and why?

Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Which car would you choose and why?

Getting a bit tired of my Slash 4x4 and want to get a 2WD buggy.
I am looking at 2 RTR cars and the price difference is significant.
I would like to know why the Losi 22 which is about to come out in RTR version is more expensive than a Team Associated RC10B4.1?
Also what are your opinions as to the differences with these 2 cars.
Which of these 2 cars would be more reliable and have easy access to replacement parts?
Still a bit new to all this.
Thanks all..........
Old 08-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Originally Posted by RickSlick View Post
Getting a bit tired of my Slash 4x4 and want to get a 2WD buggy.
I am looking at 2 RTR cars and the price difference is significant.
I would like to know why the Losi 22 which is about to come out in RTR version is more expensive than a Team Associated RC10B4.1?
Also what are your opinions as to the differences with these 2 cars.
Which of these 2 cars would be more reliable and have easy access to replacement parts?
Still a bit new to all this.
Thanks all..........
The losi 22 rtr is more expensive because I think it includes an aluminum chassis and is more durable. The Team Associated buggy is cheaper because the rtr has no aluminum upgrades... making it less durable. But they are both very competitive in the right hands. But it's your choice. Both are good rtrs.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Both the Losi 22 and the B4.1 are durable. They are 2wd buggys, so they are not as durable as Short Course trucks. I own a losi 22 and its been through alot of crashes and flips and I only broke one rear a arm. The losi 22 is 15mm longer so handling wise it is a better choice. The losi also has big 12mm shocks. They are 2 times bigger than the B4.1 shocks. All that leads to a better handling buggy. I would personally go with the losi 22.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm waiting for my 22 in the mail from amain.... I don't know what other ppls take on this would be but there are tons of build info on the 22 in the elec-offroad thread. there is a 100%complete build guide and if you read it you might not like too many things that you find with the stock setup. Check out the diff and thrust balls being too soft and the stock setup not being nearly as good as the dustin evans setup which you only need three extra parts and you can start with a rock solid setup. With a slash, yeh, it doesn't matter who builds it.... But with a 2wd 1/10 buggy you are buying a racing machine, A big part of the quality of the buggy actually comes from the person who built it not the parts themselves. Just my 2 cents but with something as touchy as a ball diff and the power of a brushless motor I would want to build it myself and get it right the first time.... (lots of extra things to do with the diff, sanding and such, check out how to break in and setup a ball diff and slipper clutch on youtube).... Don't know if this helps but 22 is the way I went but I would go kit