Wiki Posts
Search

First Kit build...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Smile First Kit build...

Hi all im itching for my first kit build but im undecided as to what tamiya kit i would like. One thing for sure is that i would like to go drifting but... I also would like to eventually participate in races here where i live. We have a tamiya authorized shop near where i work so i,ve decided on going with the tamiya route.. But i dont know what kit to buy! Can you guys help i have 3 options below

Ta-06
Tb-03
Ta-05 v2
Tt-01

What do you s think. Also do you think i should consider pro kits?

Tia!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by butchokoyee
Hi all im itching for my first kit build but im undecided as to what tamiya kit i would like. One thing for sure is that i would like to go drifting but... I also would like to eventually participate in races here where i live. We have a tamiya authorized shop near where i work so i,ve decided on going with the tamiya route.. But i dont know what kit to buy! Can you guys help i have 3 options below

Ta-06
Tb-03
Ta-05 v2
Tt-01

What do you s think. Also do you think i should consider pro kits?

Tia!
I don't know anything about drifting so I really can't help you with that, but I think Tamiya makes a car specifically for drifting? It might be one of those.

I do have a TA05v2 that I use for racing. I know you can change it into a drifter and there's a couple guys in the TA05v.2 post that use/used it as one.

But I can't recomend it or any other car as a drifter because I have no experience with it.

Also if the pro kits are the type "R" kits I would deffinitly consider them if you decide you want to upgrade it. They come with a ton of hop-ups and it's a lot cheaper than buying all the hop-ups seperatly.

Good luck.
Zac
Old 08-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A good race quality kit can be drifted on the right tires. A good drift car will not make a good race, i.e. grip car.

So, I would definitely consider the pro version of one of those oriented more towards racing than drifting.