Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 06-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

the only thing I don't have from ray's list is the universals other than that, I'm all set to go, minus batteries and... maybe that front one-way if I feel lucky
As for the suspension arms, I think Tamiya is coming out with new TT-01 arms for the TT-01R version of the car. Should be interesting to see!

Dunno about you guys, but even after flipping the car many times and smacking into walls, I haven't broken anything yet. Just scratches... and bruised ego :P

rayman, would you recommend a One-Way to gain an extra advantage? I heard that once you learn to drive it, you can really tackle the competition as a car with a one-way would be hard to beat. Or is the one-way just a gimmick?
All the high end cars seem to have it! And most pro racers seem to have it on their cars... sooo... hmm...
Old 06-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

I think tantalus007 was talking about when I bulletproofed a tlo1 and had an 11T in it way back in 2001(didn't know about rctech then). I could outrun a nitro in the straight and also leave them inside. But that was a new tlo1 kit. After running a lot, durability becomes an issue. That kit wasn't made for highspeed so in the long run it cant compete with a race kit. The tlo1 was so wobbly and unpredictable after +30 runs.

rays_tt- Im not a fan of alloy knuckles,suspensions for playing, they tweak when hit and you wont notice. Nice to display though.

dugrant153 - yup, you need universals if you're getting the 1way. It puts a lot of stress on the front axles, dogbones, etc. That's why I listed the universals, metal outdrives first even before the 1way. 1ways are good for highspeed, high bite tracks. It freewheels so it wont scrub away speed when turning and it gives you more steering. If you're playing on prep tracks with sweeping turns then go for it. Here's a more in depth read
http://www.teamassociated.com/misc/a...ticle.3978.htm

kid TT-01- try the new intellect batts. I bought it last week and it peaks at 4200mah. Scary!! GP's make majority of batts and companies just repackage them.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hey im buying 2 powerizer 3300 batteries for 60aus and also how much bearings are in the front diff of the tt-01 because i got my new ones and ive changed the rear diff bearings and there was 6 so is there 8 in the front diff.

alex

and also with the bearings i bought ami ment to put grease on them when i put them in. the bearings are hell yeah blue teflon bearings
Old 06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

I think I just saw the powerizer brand on ebay.
Are they any good? Or are these those cheaply made, unknown 3300 nimh brands? (I wanna get some good racing batteries too... hehehe)
Anyone heard of Tenergy?

depending on where you live, bearings can cost a lot of money or very little. I think Tamiya sells a bearing back with just 4 bearings (versus buying all... uhh... 16? 20?). Maybe drop by your LHS and see how much they'll see you those specific size bearing.

Last edited by dugrant153; 06-06-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

hey ive used the powerizer batteries and there pretty good and also ive got the bearings i changed the ones in the rear diff last night now tonight im goan do the front diff but is there 8 bearings in total in the front diff
Old 06-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

oh, if that's the case, just get the whole bearing set. might be cheaper that way (go aftermarket. anything over 20 USD is way way expensive for 8+ bearings).

I'm gonna see what other battery brands are cheap but still good. Powerizer looks tempting. Saw some MaxPower ones too.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

yeh but how many bearimgs are there in each diff
Old 06-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

hmm... if I recall correctly... each diff only has two bearings.
one (or two) bearings are needed for the main drive shaft.
And you need, I think, 2 bearings for each outdrive?

not too sure.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

I dont know that brand of nimh. Is it cheaper than GP's? Better get zapped or mathced batts you'll really feel the diff againts standard batts using your 27T motor.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

ok thanx
Old 06-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

zapped and matched batts cost a TON of money O_o. But I guess the upgrade is worth it, eh? Does having a good discharger make a difference versus a cheapo one I built? (I built a 2 lamp, 1 CPU fan discharger unit :P... runs at about 4 amps or so?).

Going back to the original question of this thread ("Does TT-01 has a potential?")... well, I'm thinking that if you're competing against TA04's and TB02's, according to what I've read so far (and my own view):

-Get good batteries.
-Get good tires

And you're set to compete, even with a TT01? (probably need a ton of hopups to complete). I'm actually at a point where I COULD buy a TB02... and I'm very tempted... but I invested so much into my TT01. it seems like a waste almost if I just sell it and get the TB02 to be competitive?

Does having a lighter body really help that much? I found that Tamiya bodies, although more sturdy than HPI or Proline bodies, were also quite heavy.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

hey its up to you but theres no real point of buying a TB-02 when your tt-01 is hoped up with the same stuff as the tb02 but its your choice and yes wheels and batteries make a huge difference
Old 06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dugrant153
zapped and matched batts cost a TON of money O_o. But I guess the upgrade is worth it, eh? Does having a good discharger make a difference versus a cheapo one I built? (I built a 2 lamp, 1 CPU fan discharger unit :P... runs at about 4 amps or so?).

Going back to the original question of this thread ("Does TT-01 has a potential?")... well, I'm thinking that if you're competing against TA04's and TB02's, according to what I've read so far (and my own view):

-Get good batteries.
-Get good tires

And you're set to compete, even with a TT01? (probably need a ton of hopups to complete). I'm actually at a point where I COULD buy a TB02... and I'm very tempted... but I invested so much into my TT01. it seems like a waste almost if I just sell it and get the TB02 to be competitive?

Does having a lighter body really help that much? I found that Tamiya bodies, although more sturdy than HPI or Proline bodies, were also quite heavy.
Put it this way, You're batts will last atleast 2 years. You're kit will probably get replaced after 6 months. Its a good investment to buy good batts, charger, electronics.

Does a tt-01 have potential? If only you're willing to spend money on it. As stock, no way, no how. And by the time you get to the point you already spent as much as a tb-02, ta04, tc3, etc, will it be competitive? Maybe, but more than likely only in a good racer's hands. A tb-02 is basically a plastic version of a race kit tbevo3. So its really good. The ta04 and tc3 are raceproven so an average racer would do well anyway. My next kit will be a tao5 when it comes out this july. It wail be a bit expensive than a tt01 but it already has the tunable parts less the bling blings. I'd wait for that kit if you want to change soon.

Proline bodies are ok, not as durable as tamiya's but its a waste to use a tamiya body unless you race in TCS and go for their strict rules. I rather display tamiya bodies.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Well, my car is pretty much loaded now with sway bars and adjustable arms. Finally getting some real corner speed

As much as I really really like the TB02 and the TA05... hmm... I think maybe this car is good enough for now (considering I hopped it up like mad). As a stock car, it does suck... but that's why there's hop ups Then again, maybe see what happens once I upgrade the essentials first.

Well, I'll probably be getting 24mm tires (I have 26mm HPI B15-40s right now) and definitely get those good batteries. All of my current batteries are 2 years old or more.

Does anyone think the TT01 is a really light car? I remember lifting my friend's TB02 chassis and it felt sort of heavy compared to my TT01... maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by dugrant153; 06-07-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

The tt01 is definitely lighter than the tb02. But put in the metal dogbones n outdrives, balldiffs, turnbuckles to the tt01 its about the same weight.
The tao5 coming out will be cheap considering it has bearings, cva shocks, 24mm type a tires, turnbuckles, metal dogbones n outdrives , balldiffs, highly adjustable chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.