Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 06-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

wow, that car looks WICKED. wish I could get all that aluminum

As much as I'd like to switch to a TB02, I like how the prices of the TT01 hopups are relatively cheap (compared to the TB01 and some parts of the TB02). Although, to get it to match a TB02 in terms of equipment, the TT01 would cost a lot of money.

But I like the TT01. It's a fun car, and with some handling adjustments, it can be made to handle really well. But the key to handling really well is TIRES!!! TIRES TIRES TIRES!!!!

I just bought a new set of HPI B15-40s. Now my car doesn't have the rear come around as much and has way more traction. Tamiya semi-slicks suck big time

Maybe when I have a ton of money to spend (or can sell off my TT01 for a lot of money) I will buy something like a TB02... but not right now. My TT01 is wicked!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

yeh true tt-01s rule i like them a hole lote more then the TB-02. the tb-02 is worth a bit more but i reckon if your were to pay that amount between the tt-01 and the TB-02 u could probly get the adjustable arms and stering etc so it would probly be the same
Old 06-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
yeh true tt-01s rule i like them a hole lote more then the TB-02. the tb-02 is worth a bit more but i reckon if your were to pay that amount between the tt-01 and the TB-02 u could probly get the adjustable arms and stering etc so it would probly be the same
Performance might be the same if they were both equiped equally but I dont agree that the tt-01 would be cheaper. Adding bearings, balldiffs, oildampers, turnbuckles, adj upper arms, alloy prop shaft, metal dogbones, metal outdrives, type a tires, urethane bumper all of which come standard with the tbo2, its a bit expensive if you add that to a tt-01.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

o ok but as i said i was guessing it might be around the same
Old 06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

I cheaped out on my TT01 by shimming and O-ringing the steering (so I don't have to get the aluminum racing steering) and not using any toe-in (so don't have to buy toe-in adjustments and rear toe-in carrierse).

I have yet to tune it, but I think that the TT01 is still up to snuff. Oh yeah, I'm greasing up my gear diff so that it acts like a limited slip diff. Saves money from buying a ball diff (although I lose the adjustability of a ball diff).

I have seriously considered the TB02 considering all the money I spent on getting the TT01 up to snuff. But... I love my TT01 and hopefully I can be a good enough driver to take out the other guys
Old 06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Okay folks, need some advice for the TT01!!
I can buy one of the following:
1) Front one-way differential
2) Universals (one pair)

The reason it's between these two is because the Universals come with anti-wear grease. If I get the grease, it means I can grease up my front diff and (hopefully without causing leaking) that'll cause the diff action to slow down a lot, and thus I won't replace the front gear diff with a oneway.

Which is the "better" upgrade?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

dugrant153- the anti wear grease is not that thick. it wont affect the front diff substantially to slow diff action. Im not sure why you want to compare or choose from a front one way and a greased gear diff, they function differently. I'd get the universal coz the plastic dogbones break easily but you will have to get the metal outdrives as a prerequisite. Getting expensive ey?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

it may get expensive but people would prefere the tt-01 to the tb-02, like me i prefere the tt-01 anyday next hop up on the adjender is the adjustable arms and the ball diffs.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

oh boy, it IS getting expensive... but it is a lot of fun to build Just build the new CVA shocks I got... it was so much fun :P now tuning will be even funner!
hmm... the thing with the universals is that they can bend in a crash (and cannot be fixed). with dogbones, even though they break, they're pretty cheap to replace, right?

If the anti-wear grease doesn't really slow down the diff action, then I should probably just go with the front one-way. hopefully, when I get used to it, the car can be a lot faster. But with either a gear diff or front-one way, most of the impact energy is transferred to the drive train, right? In comparison, doesn't a ball diff "slip"? that's what I've read.
(reason I'm comparing front-one-way and gear diff is b/c I'm trying to figure out whether I can save up money and just grease up the gear diffs to improve my performance, or just put down money on that front-one-way and be done with it... I know they operate very differently... but it comes down to what would be good or the car :P)

is it true that one-ways are not as resistant to impact? like, do they break more easily than your standard gear or ball diff?

right now, my car has 10,000wt hpi grease in the rear gear diff (SOME slow down, not a lot) and has Pennzoil automotive grease in the front gear diff (Noticeable slow down when packed... but it leaks a bit :P)

kid TT01, a bunch of people I talked to say get the TB-02 simply because it's supposedly the "better" chassis, and it comes loaded with a whole bunch of stuff where as the TT-01 comes very bone stock. Plus, the Tb-02 is basically a plastic TB EVO. :P hmm...

Last edited by dugrant153; 06-04-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

yeh true the tb-02 is a plastic version of the evo3 but as i said b4 some people prefere different cars and im a tt-01 guy not a tb-02 and also itsfun tuning my tt-01 with all the parts etc TT-01S ALL THE WAY

oh i also love the evo3 SE but the tb-02 not very much
Old 06-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

not advertising or nething but visit http://s3.invisionfree.com/rcdrift/index.php?act=idx they have shitloads of topic on the TT, especially the tutorials, teaches you how to get a limited slip diff.

i love to smoke the better chassis with a "beginner" stock chassis

just a question, if my wheels are buckled as in the wheel axel, but not buckled to the undriveable point, (i can still drive perfectly so i dont see a need to replace) is there any point to getting adjustables? (eg. arms toe-in & out) because wont the wheel auto toe-in & out and camber since it wobbles?

what hop-ups you guys have on your TT's? and what are your setups?

atm i have an aluminium drive shaft, alloy knuckle arms, metal motor mount, alloy heat sink, carbon upper frame, full ball bearings, and oil shocks. i currently have hard springs in the front and soft up the front with take-off27s.

i'm currently contemplating weather to get the racing steering set or not, its pretty cheap on ebay rougly $35AU
Old 06-04-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

hi my front wheels on my tt-01 wable like hell when you accelarate i duno why tho, and with my hop ups i got aluminum blue shaft, blue heat sink, alloy motor mount, 55-58 spur, 24-25 pinion, blue TRF shocks, carbon upper frame, blue teflone bearings (high speed bearings) and a tie rod set

still more hop ups to come i.e adjustable upper arms, rear toe in uprights was thinking of aluminum rear toe in uprights, ball diffs

when it get fully done up its gona kick ass
Old 06-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

shims, my friends. you gotta get shims.
that should fix up the play in the driveshaft.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

dugrant153- the dogbones are not cheap, if you run anything 23turns and below, you will twist or break the plastic dogbones
one-way- freewheels the front wheels off throttle to give more steering and cornering speed. advantage on high grip tracks, hard to use and spins out if you break hard.
ball diff- a.k.a limited slip diff, prevents diff action. so when one wheel is not on the ground, the other wheel still get full power, there's no power loss coz both wheels recieve power equally. imagine locking your diff. even if you lift one wheel the other wheel still gets the full power.
gear diff- its just a the same with ball diff except it allows more diff action but if you lift one wheel, that one wheel actually gets more power than the one on the ground so you lose power on the ground where its needed, not good.
Im not sure you got that impact energy right. Any of these will transfer impact energy from the drivertrain.

One ways will break if ur at highspeed to dead stop and still on throttle.

kid TT-01- well, we've all been there, biased to kits we own. If you think your tt-01 is the best, its ok. Been playing rc's since the 80's and I go thru kits so I have no sentimental value for them but I know when a kit is good or not.

rays_tt- yeah, its a good feeling to smoke someone with a "beginner" stock chassis sometimes till you find out the guy driving the better car just has money and no skills. Kinda useless feeling. Better to find an equally skilled driver and then smoking him. And of course, 2 equally skilled drivers with a "beginner" stock chassis and a race ready chassis, who do you think will win? Pretty obvious the car's performance makes a difference.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

i dont think itl be the best i just mean it will be like a whole heap better, while i was racing at the 2 hour endurance race my TT-01 with normal plastic bearinhs thingos kept up with alot of the other cars i.e TB-02, and a few xrays so all i was trying to say is that i think it will be a good car not the best and ive been into the rc cars for 6 months now im still a beginar but im pretty good on the track

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.