Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

the only difference i c between them 2 is the shaft and the ball cup thingos
Old 07-27-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

oh everyone is giving up there TT's how dissapointing, i just ordered a few more parts off ebay for me TT, mt TT at the moment is great, but i dont know my mate just got a BL in his 415 and it flies ... maybe when im tired of the TT i'll move on
Old 07-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rays_tt
oh everyone is giving up there TT's how dissapointing, i just ordered a few more parts off ebay for me TT, mt TT at the moment is great, but i dont know my mate just got a BL in his 415 and it flies ... maybe when im tired of the TT i'll move on

Dont worry, I think the tt01 will have a resurgence when tamiya popularizes its drift spec class in the TCS. Look how long the mini has been on the TCS.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
My 3D Gallery Website
Old 07-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

id be very interested when/if tamiya brings out a TT-01 TRF that would be sweet
Old 07-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

that's like asking if Tamiya will make a TL01 TRF version. And they didn't.
Although, I'd love to see it the TT-01R is a step in the right direction.

And I haven't sold my TT01 :P I'm just drifting it, that's all.
I figured that if I were to upgrade all the TT01 parts to expensive parts and be able to compete, it would cost me the amount of getting a TB02!
Old 08-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys long time no talk whats been happening hows all the TT's going i traded mine for a m-03 but now im on the look out for anther tt-01 this time for keeps so if yous have any for sale lmk.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys I am a bit new here but have been a long time RCer (over 20yrs)
I just bought 2 TT-01's so I can race my 10yo son on even terms with something that is not immpossible to maintain. I read this thread from the begining to the end and found it very informative and I feel somewhat vindicated in my choice of vehicles. As I already have a TA-04ss, EvoIII, Cheapie ACME, TB-02 and a Mugen Seiki MTX3. I felt that the TT-01 would be the best start for a youngster to begin by assembling and learning.
As I hope he will take up racing I have also bought all of the bits required for the car to compete in the Tamiya Spec class.
Bearings
Adjustable arms
Turnbuckles
Motor mount.
Alloy shocks
Are there any other parts which you would advise?
Would I be better off buying a couple of TT-01R's or TB-02R's?
The priority is that a ten year old must be able to maintain the car as he lives in another city and I only see him at holidays.
Thanks
this has been a great thread
Bill
Old 08-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

hey Bill,
glad to see that people still read this thread, thanks to many of us spamming it hehehe

Hmm... I think what you have there is a decent start for the TT01. Compared to the TB02 or the TB01, the TT01 has relatively fewer parts and is thus somewhat "easier" to maintain. That being said, it sitll has some issues. Keep an eye out for play in the motor mount.

As for the TT01R, I personally feel that buying a TB02 is more worth it. A TB02R is even better, but that's a GT1 class car, and also very expensive :P... but it's a great car.

I would also recommend getting the carbon fiber upper frame and some Tamiya onroad shocks to tune the car's handling. other than that, just get some good tires and rip it up!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

I have a TB-02 and I was nearly going to go that way.
I think that the best value in entry level cars is the Xpress junior.
I put it on a par if not better than the TA-04 certainly quicker than my TB-02 for $90USD it was my first choice. I ended up going the Tamiya route because it offers an easy path into racing with the spec classes.
I thought that for a 10 year old the TT-01 was the go.
BTW I have over 30 RC vehicles all up. Gas and electric Trucks, buggies, cars, tanks, tractors as well as several planes and boats.
As I said, I wanted something that a 10 yr old can manage on his own with only limited telphone support. He lives 1500kms away. I bought 2 so that I could parallel any development (in fact I'm going to get another for Blinging up).
It is always easier when you race to have 2 identical cars so that you can compare setup changes immediately. I usually try to have a third for testing new components and equipment. It does get expensive but when I move on I always keep the best setup for my collection and what I sell pays for some of the next indulgence.
I still haven't taken them out of the boxes yet I am waiting so we can build them together.
Thanks for your response, I will get some of those carbon plates.
I have already bought TRF shocks and will run stock tyres until I find out what works. I understand for spec racing you must have Tamiya rubber?
What a bummer I have heaps of other stuff!!
Rgds
Bill
Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

TT01 should be good.
I got mine all setup drifting!
After much practice, I'm now doing some major skidding action! haha
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hey niki there is a 52 spur that will fit the tt-01 its the 52 spur from a F201 it will fit and also there is the other gears dugrant said hope that helps. hey dugrant did you get a one way diff, coz i think if you got a ball diff in the front aswell as the front one way it might get rid of the slop.
hi kid tto1, that f201 52 spur gear you are talkin bout, i had ordered that for my tamiya tto1 and i too want to get as much speed out of my car to wit that 52 spur gear, but i saw on one of the threads that the f201 spur gears rub on the tto1 type e, but does that go for the original tto1 as well or it will just slip right in with absolutely no problems?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Never mind, found the answers myself

Last edited by bencason; 05-23-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default heres my TT01 E

Heres my TT01 e with brushless motor , porsche body with Work rims 9 mm offset on the rear and 6 mm on the front , car has also been ballraced , Great car for learning
Attached Thumbnails Does TT-01 has a potential?-pp.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Local track runs a class just for these. Seems to be fairly popular due to low cost and it is a stock class so it does not take much to keep up.