Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 11-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

wow .... thats a loaded up TT ...!!

i think the 04 gots lots to give ....
i remember beating all the xrays an tc3 .. with just my trusty TA04 R tuned chassis ..lol
Old 11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by eeyan
BTW, you're close to the $$$ of my TT-01... here's a breakdown:

Tamiya TT-01 Nissan Nismo 350Z 80.00
Tamiya TGS Rear Upright 10.00
Tamiya TRF Damper Set 50.00
Tamiya TT-01 Carbon Fiber Upperdeck 12.00
Tamiya TT-01 Spur Gear Set 5.00
Tamiya TT-01 Aluminum Motor Mount 10.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Adj Upper Arm (Front) 15.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Adj Upper Arm (Rear) 15.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Aluminum Bumper Support 5.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Aluminum Propeller Shaft 10.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Aluminum Steering Set 25.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Ball Differential Unit 30.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS Foam Bumper 5.00
Tamiya TT-01/TGS One-Way Unit 40.00

TOTAL = around $312 +-
You got a good deal on a lot of the parts!
I didn't notice ball bearings, motor heat sync, servo saver, adjustable turn buckles, and better rims & tires, toe in rear upright.

Here is a pic of mine, it has a lot more stuff on it now.....

I put al knuckles, front & rear lower arms, titanium universals, Novak speedo, and some other little things.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hehe... nice car... regarding the other parts you mentioned, I kind of cheated and got them from old spares and used cars! But of course, that should be added to the total cost... which is still a LOT!
Old 11-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i know you guys would say that im out of topic... or im just making stories... about the tt01 winning against xray's, 414's and tc3's... i got a simple story for y'all... my friend and i always drag race each weekend on a very long parking lot... its a parking lot for a basketball court actually... like new york nicks home court, lakers, etc... the straight away is about 200 meters long...

my friends car:

hpi pro2// carbon upper and lower deck// front one-way// center one-way// set of frictionless dampers <oil, spring, etc>// set of MIP CVD's// alloy hop ups and turnbuckles// set of high grip sponge tyres// speed gem 8 turn motor// a Novak 415 no limit ESC// 3300 zapped batts <saddle pack using high current/temp dogbones and soldering leds>// deans connector// high temp/current wires <directly tapped from ESC to motor>>// pinion gear is 34// spur gear is 120// car body is nissan a skyline

my car:

ta04 ss// carbon upper and lower deck// front one-way// tamiya type A tyres <not much grip> anything else is stock// Novak 410 12 turn limit ESC// yokomo 12 turn motor// tamiya 3300 batts <tamiya connectors and simple round connectors from ESC to motor>// pinion gear is 40// spur gear is 120// car body is an audi tt-r

would you guys believe... our cars are just about the same speed through the drag... and my car is still semi stock... what im trying to say is an old car no matter how you hopped it up and install high speed electronics... it will be not as much competitive with the new kits around... just sharing a thought...
Old 11-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FlyinGT
but that's it, it's potential is only limited to buyin more hop ups.
an those hop ups don't come cheap ...
so my point is it's potential is low ...due to the fact u have to spend extra on top ..just to make it on par with a ta04 ..!!

which i believe would b a cheaper buy ..!! an then u can make the ta04 go even faster ... with better hop ups.

also ..i already said a tt 01 can keep up an win with 540 motor an the rs540 as well ..with other chassis

but with a stock motor ... never !!
Actually...you got it backwards...TA04 hop up parts ARE A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE here in US compared to TT01s...even at TC3s standards. The only problem is that not a lot of hobbyshops carry Tamiya spareparts compared to any other manufacturers in US because their parts supply is still limited.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fabolousRC
Actually...you got it backwards...TA04 hop up parts ARE A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE here in US compared to TT01s...even at TC3s standards. The only problem is that not a lot of hobbyshops carry Tamiya spareparts compared to any other manufacturers in US because their parts supply is still limited.
i guess it's different for everyone ...
i got my 04 hop ups from HK ....
they where by far cheaper than any other .... mayb beside that of the japs !!!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FlyinGT
i guess it's different for everyone ...
i got my 04 hop ups from HK ....
they where by far cheaper than any other .... mayb beside that of the japs !!!
Yep, HK prices are much cheaper than LHS but most of these newbies don't have access to ebay or even credit cards so they are relegated to their LHS.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fabolousRC
Yep, HK prices are much cheaper than LHS but most of these newbies don't have access to ebay or even credit cards so they are relegated to their LHS.
yeah i guess thats true ....!!

But even my LHS doesn't even carry the hop ups i want ...!!
an when they do, it cost an arm an a leg ..!! crazy ...
i'm lucky i got friends that can buy stuff O/S 4 me ....!!

i would like u support my LHS but it's exxyyy !!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

you know sometimes LHS around the world was only in it for the profit not the hobby. Most of LHS over in US are in it because they are hobbyist themselves and would like to share the wealth instead of taking the cash and run off with it. Yes, there are a few LHS out there that still practices profit overall but they are disappearing as we speak. Why? Because they couldn't get the support they thought they will have when they opened up (for taking money out of customers hahahahha). BUT this is besides the point of the subject.

Even at HK prices TT01 parts are cheap. TT01 is not a light car but it's quite robust for someone who just started racing to run at their local track and in their rookie class and it will last them for awhile. They don't really need the fancy aluminum parts (except for the steering). They do need parts that will improve their skill such as ball bearings, better shocks, adjustable camber and alignment. and adjustable motor mounts.

I mean I saw a lot of people wrote to tell this poor guy to get TB02 instead. Yeah he would've get TB02 or TC3 but what if the car was a gift that he cannot pick? You know? Gotta think of that before saying anything to rookies lolz
Old 11-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up TT-01 do have a lot of potential!!!

Just a heads-up for those who has a TT-01. I just came back from the Tamiya Worlds in Japan and 2 TT-01s finished in the top 10 of the N1(GT2) class. One of the Australians managed to qualify 3rd and another Japanese made the A using this chassis. I brought two cars to the event, a TB02 and TA04. I ended up using the TA04 but was almost regretful that I didn't bring the TT-01.

I placed 8th in qualifiying and ended up 7th after the triple mains. For the Australian, he qualified 3rd but had traction issues during the mains and ended up 9th overall. Not really sure what the other TT-01 ended up at... but believe me, they were fast!
Old 11-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: TT-01 do have a lot of potential!!!

Originally posted by eeyan
[B

I placed 8th in qualifiying and ended up 7th after the triple mains. For the Australian, he qualified 3rd but had traction issues during the mains and ended up 9th overall. Not really sure what the other TT-01 ended up at... but believe me, they were fast! [/B]
but thats in the hands of a very good drivers !!

i don't think many who buy a TT 01 as their first car, can b fast with it !!
unless they have god given Talent !!!

but yeah it was great to see that the TT 01 at it max !!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

does anyone think this kit can be used for a rally car? it has sealed drivetrain but how about the suspension durabilty?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

I would say it sort of does, but it's not as durable as the TB01.

You'd probably break the A-arms pretty quickly. The TB01 is very sturdy and has taken my rally pounding (no big buggy jumps, but a few dirt and gravel drifts and roles).

I would recommend the TB01 if you're gonna do rallying. I'm getting a TT01 because it's just slightly lighter... and much less costly to make TCS ready.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

To race no...To have fun yes
Old 04-22-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i got a TT-01 and the only hop ups ive got is aluminum shaft, alloy motor mount, heats sink, 55-58 spur and a 24-25 pinion and also a carbon uper frame and it goes goos for me but i was thinking of buying everything that i can for it tho n what is everthing i can get for it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.