Old 07-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

yo thai3ge i found red tt-01 parts for ya

http://search.stores.ebay.com.au/ws/...spagename=WD1S
Old 07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default car will run in a wavy manner

Anyone know had before this Front Knuckle Arm loose problem? My Front Knuckle Arm is so loose that my car will not run straight.

Why is it so and how to fix it? Is it the metal ball bearing loose or the wheel axle (part number SB6)?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kavo
Anyone know had before this Front Knuckle Arm loose problem? My Front Knuckle Arm is so loose that my car will not run straight.

Why is it so and how to fix it? Is it the metal ball bearing loose or the wheel axle (part number SB6)?
Are you talking about the suspension arm? Or the ball cup? or the suspension arm part that fits into the bulkhead?

The TT01 has a lot of slop in stock form. But I Have a feeling the front knuckle arm may not be the cause of your car not running straight. Try holding the suspension arms and wiggling the front wheels. Do you see what parts wiggle?

I had to unslop the the front wheels by putting small shims in between the hinge pins and the ball bearings. I wish I had a picture to illustrate...

Anyways, yeah... check for slop in other places too. My front suspension arm has some wiggle, but it was actually the steering and the wheel axles that had too much slop.

oh one more things, how do you make it so when your steering trim is centered your car will go straight? i have to have my trim all the way to the right for my car to travel straight. i've tried taking out my servo and adjusting it but having no luck. do you guys have advice on how to do this?
how I setup my servo is usually to do the following:
a) take out my servo, plug it into my ESC, turn on my radio and have all settings set to 0 (so everything is centered on the radio and servo).
b) now that the servo is centered, I put the servo saver on the servo (that thick black thing).
c) There's now two pieces that connect to the servo saver. Attach the first piece (the horizontal piece) and then the piece that looks like this: {
d) attach servo to car.
e) now, you connect the servo and all the linkages to the rest of the steering column. It should now be somewhat centered.

Also, check for binding. Sometimes, it might not be your servo. There may be a ball bearing that's jammed and so when you put power, your car my want to turn.

Hope this helps, folks!
I feel like rayman now, answering with super huge e-mails hehehehe!
Inspired, I have been.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01

Ooo...I want to keep the arms plastic, but I like those knuckles. I will have to stop splurging money on it though, I still have a TA-05 to buy and my 1/8th scale needs some lovin' too.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

dont ya believe me that i got a mi2 i do have it im tying to get pics of it
I believe you. But see how fast you posted the pics when I tease you. Hehe. Where's the tt-01? I wanted to see them side by side for comparison to what you hopped up and spent on the tt-01 in contrast to how cheap the mi2 is with all the features.
I dont like those blue shocks. Dont they come with stock purple?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

yeah thy do but i put the trf shocks on the mi2 plus the trf shocks are better then the purple ones tat come with the car. also i didnt post em after you said thati had the pics on my dads lap top but i coudnt change them to my comp so yeah then i finally did it. but how sweet is it tho
Old 07-09-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dugrant153
Are you talking about the suspension arm? Or the ball cup? or the suspension arm part that fits into the bulkhead?

The TT01 has a lot of slop in stock form. But I Have a feeling the front knuckle arm may not be the cause of your car not running straight. Try holding the suspension arms and wiggling the front wheels. Do you see what parts wiggle?

I had to unslop the the front wheels by putting small shims in between the hinge pins and the ball bearings. I wish I had a picture to illustrate...

Anyways, yeah... check for slop in other places too. My front suspension arm has some wiggle, but it was actually the steering and the wheel axles that had too much slop.
The wheel axle (parts number SB6) wiggles and so do my wheel when I hold the suspension arms and wiggle the front wheels.

Parts number SB6
Old 07-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Do you have a ball differential up front?
Have you tried adding shims onto SB6?
You may want to try adding shims to smooth it out.

Check SB5 to see if it wiggles. If it wiggles, maybe there's some play. You may need to put an O-ring in SB6 or SB4 to smooth it out.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

So you get all you're hop ups on ebay? I could use those gpm hop ups on my kits. Just wondering how reliable is the shipping from RC MALL and how long does it take from hong kong to australia? Oh man they dont have paypal here.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
So you get all you're hop ups on ebay? I could use those gpm hop ups on my kits. Just wondering how reliable is the shipping from RC MALL and how long does it take from hong kong to australia? Oh man they dont have paypal here.
The two eBay distributors I've been getting my parts for the TT-01 is dinball and RC MALL. I've bought a couple stuff from RC MALL before for my Habao buggy, and this is my first time I've bought from dinball. I hope they're fine since I bought about 7 parts from them. RC MALL is reliable, still not sure about dinball.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

how I setup my servo is usually to do the following:
a) take out my servo, plug it into my ESC, turn on my radio and have all settings set to 0 (so everything is centered on the radio and servo).
b) now that the servo is centered, I put the servo saver on the servo (that thick black thing).
c) There's now two pieces that connect to the servo saver. Attach the first piece (the horizontal piece) and then the piece that looks like this: {
d) attach servo to car.
e) now, you connect the servo and all the linkages to the rest of the steering column. It should now be somewhat centered.

Also, check for binding. Sometimes, it might not be your servo. There may be a ball bearing that's jammed and so when you put power, your car my want to turn.
thanks for that but eventhoe i read over it like 5 times i'm still confused but its ok i'll just ask the guys at my local track

Originally Posted by kavo
The wheel axle (parts number SB6) wiggles and so do my wheel when I hold the suspension arms and wiggle the front wheels.
i've had the same problem as you. your wheels dont spin straight right? the SB6 part you have may be bent take it out hold it up and have a good look at it. the only way you can fix this is by buying new ones. if you think this may happen to you a lot then invest in alloy ones from ebay
Old 07-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

dnball (rc mart is a good company to deal with i bought bearings, tie rod set and it came to my door in about a week and a bit
Old 07-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Do you have a ball differential up front?
Have you tried adding shims onto SB6?
You may want to try adding shims to smooth it out.

Check SB5 to see if it wiggles. If it wiggles, maybe there's some play. You may need to put an O-ring in SB6 or SB4 to smooth it out.
Nope, I do not have a ball differential up front.
Will try to add shims and see how. Thank You for the reply.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

dnball (rc mart is a good company to deal with i bought bearings, tie rod set and it came to my door in about a week and a bit
Do you have an email of rc mall? I cant find out if they have a website and ebay doesn't list their email but the post says you can contact them through email. Would like to get those gpm alloy shocks they definitely look good on red.

Btw, i think the shocks on the mi2 are equally good as the trf shocks since the mi2 is a race kit. Those blues are a sore eyes on all that purple kit.

Tantalus007- I offer my deep sympathy for your fried lrp pulsar charger last saturday and the one racer that fried his quantum esc inside the car that looked like a nitro car when it was smoking. .
Like my new signature. Your new avatar is fitting.

My 3D Gallery Website

Last edited by rayman; 07-11-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

what o you think of the new tt-01r

well i think its a awsome car its got the same features as the tb-02
its got fulll ball bearings
adjustable upper arms
choice of 2 rear toe in up rights
oil shocks
you can adjust the ride height
come with 3 spurs the 61,58,55
3 part tie rod set
evo4 style aluminum shaft

i reckon its gona be a awsome car when it comes out and if its in the rite price range im gona get it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.