Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kavo
I don't really quite get the idea. Maybe someone with pictures will help a lot

Here is the spacer (you can use an O-ring) on the shock shaft. When you don't have this on your shock shaft, then when you pull your shock shaft down through the shock body, it will go down all the way. When you put on these spacers, the shock shaft will stop at a certain point and not go down as far.

You can see the spacer in this pic:

Can't find a pic of the shock spacer for outside of the car, though. But they do look like this, and fit on your shock body (on the outside):

Old 07-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the effort of finding and posting the pictures. The shock in the picture is different from what I am using now, or maybe the shock is so big that i cannot recognise hehe

Anyway this is how my shocks look like. So where should I put the o-ring to lower the ride height of my car?

Old 07-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Kavo-the pictures of dugrant153 are correct. I think you bought your shocks completely assembled thatís why you didnít recognized the first picture he posted. The first picture is whatís inside of your shock. You have to completely disassemble and rebuild all your shocks for you to be able to put those rubber/plastic o-rings inside. Just refer to dugrant153ís picture when youíve disassembled them and youíre placing 2-3 rubber/plastic o-rings in the shock shafts.
And thereís a big difference between shortening the shock travel between shortening spring travel. When you put spacers inside your shocks, you lessen the shock shafts maximum movement thus shortening the shock travel and you tend to lower your car, but when you shorten your spring travel using those shock spacers outside your shocks, it makes your shocks stiffer. Therefore, when you shorten your shock travel you have to lessen your outside shock spacers in order achieve the same spring tension as before. And having the correct spring tension to a car is another subject to tackle. Hope what Iíve wrote does not confuse you even more.

Rayman-like my avatar???

Cheers!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
patience my friend patience ull c get them soon. are you gona get ball diffs aswell
Eventually, yes. The only thing I have left planned is the front one-way, ball diffs in the rear and the dogbones. After that I'll leave it alone, since I have a TA-05 coming.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Eventually, yes. The only thing I have left planned is the front one-way, ball diffs in the rear and the dogbones. After that I'll leave it alone, since I have a TA-05 coming.
yeah, I'm going to wait until the TA05 however, I might get an HPI Pro 4... or also TB02

I have the ball diff. Don't put it in the front unless you get universals. The cup joints for the stock dogbones wiggle and wobble like crazy. I ended up putting my ball diff in the rear and gear diff in the rear.

Tells us how the front one-way is! Rayman, after smacking my car like crazy and realizing my RC skills need work, I decided a front one-way is not in my best interest until I can get a few clean runs.

kavo, keep in mind that when you're "lowering" your car by putting O-rings in your shocks, you're also adjusting your "droop" and "shock travel" limit. This will affect your handling. Be careful of lowering it too much! You want SOME movement in your shock
Old 07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

everybody jumping ship from tt-01? first it was kid to mi2 which i've yet to see. now its you guys going for ta05,tb02, hpi pr04 in only a few months? Where's the loyalty? HAHAHA! Kidding. Lets move on.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally took it to the track...and it seriously needs some help. The Tamiya 540 is terrible, so out it goes along with the TEU-101BK and replaced by the Duratrax Streak/Reedy MVP stock motor. Well now the car is nearly impossible to control at high speeds, and it feels like it would flip over on a hard corner. Dugrant, what pinion/spur did you use with your stock motor? I think the factory gearing isn't suited for stock motors. I hope the new dampeners and the graphite upper deck will solve the handling issues.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tantalus007
Kavo-the pictures of dugrant153 are correct. I think you bought your shocks completely assembled thatís why you didnít recognized the first picture he posted. The first picture is whatís inside of your shock. You have to completely disassemble and rebuild all your shocks for you to be able to put those rubber/plastic o-rings inside. Just refer to dugrant153ís picture when youíve disassembled them and youíre placing 2-3 rubber/plastic o-rings in the shock shafts.
And thereís a big difference between shortening the shock travel between shortening spring travel. When you put spacers inside your shocks, you lessen the shock shafts maximum movement thus shortening the shock travel and you tend to lower your car, but when you shorten your spring travel using those shock spacers outside your shocks, it makes your shocks stiffer. Therefore, when you shorten your shock travel you have to lessen your outside shock spacers in order achieve the same spring tension as before. And having the correct spring tension to a car is another subject to tackle. Hope what Iíve wrote does not confuse you even more.

Rayman-like my avatar???

Cheers!
I see. Now i have a better understanding. Thanks a lot

So, the for tarmac road surface which type of spring is good to use? Soft, medium or hard?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rayman
everybody jumping ship from tt-01? first it was kid to mi2 which i've yet to see. now its you guys going for ta05,tb02, hpi pr04 in only a few months? Where's the loyalty? HAHAHA! Kidding. Lets move on.
Well, I don't think I'll be buying anything more this summer. My TT01 will serve the purpose of getting me started. Next summer, if I'm still RC racing, I will get a different car. By then, there will be a whole new selection.
But for now, my TT01 makes me happy!

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Finally took it to the track...and it seriously needs some help. The Tamiya 540 is terrible, so out it goes along with the TEU-101BK and replaced by the Duratrax Streak/Reedy MVP stock motor. Well now the car is nearly impossible to control at high speeds, and it feels like it would flip over on a hard corner. Dugrant, what pinion/spur did you use with your stock motor? I think the factory gearing isn't suited for stock motors. I hope the new dampeners and the graphite upper deck will solve the handling issues.
Your Reedy may have a lot of torque compared to my Orion stock? hmm...
Well, at first I used 61/22 with the Orion stock, but that was too slow and heated up my motor and ESC like mad. I geared down to 61/19 and you're right, it is a bit squirrely but I found this worked out well as it has enough torque downlow in the corners and enough midrange for the straights (for this motor anyways).
For the Tamiya black can and silver can, I gear up to ATLEAST 61/22.

If you are using the friction shocks, that is probably your problem right there. The graphite upper deck will help make your car a bit stiffer, but that won't help as much in terms of calming the car down. Getting the new TRF or CVA oil dampeners will settle the car down a ton. You can probably use heavier oil to stop it from making super fast transitions, and then use stiffer springs so there's less roll.
let me know how it goes!

So, the for tarmac road surface which type of spring is good to use? Soft, medium or hard?
Hmm.. hard to say. the road outside my house is generally very bumpy and the concrete is not very smooth so I usually use soft/medium springs and some sway bars. Right now I'm using soft front spring, medium rear spring/soft front sway bar, soft rear sway bar.

Seems to work okay so far. But my track has MUCH smoother concrete. And there's no oil puddles either thankfully. So setup may be slightly different, but I'm used to this.

----------------------------

A word of note. Once I got my setup correct, and settled the rear of my car down, I noticed that the stiffer gear diff and my tighter ball diff make a difference in the car! I think with loose gear diffs and a ton of power, you'll spin out when you take a corner hard with a lot of throttle.
However, with my stiffer diffs, I realized that I could now power out of a corner harder and negate the drifting I'd be doing otherwise.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

dont ya believe me that i got a mi2 i do have it im tying to get pics of it

Last edited by A Ilievski; 07-08-2005 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

i got some pics of my mi2 ok
Old 07-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Old 07-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

what do you think of it ?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

nice mi2.

i'll probly upgrade to a 415 one day

but yeah wanted to ask body shell's make a big difference as i've notived which do you guys think is the best suited for touring cars? i've seen a lot of mazda 6's around

oh one more things, how do you make it so when your steering trim is centered your car will go straight? i have to have my trim all the way to the right for my car to travel straight. i've tried taking out my servo and adjusting it but having no luck. do you guys have advice on how to do this?

thanks.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

: ok the the shell i would sudjest are:

mazda 6
dodge stratus
subaru legacy
alfa

thats about it and im afraid i duno how to fix the steering sorry

and hey guys bad news im trading my tt-01 for a f1 car but ill be buying the tt-01r when it comes out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.