Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 07-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

kavo- traction roll has more to do with suspension setup, tire selection and your kits ride height. Little to do with adding a top deck. Try to lower your ride height by putting some o ring (2-3) spacers inside your oil dampers to shorten it. Heavy weight oil front and rear and hard spring front and medium spring rear. For the tires use medium or hard inserts depending on track conditions. Try to lower your chassis to 5mm-7mm ground clearance. Adding hard swaybar front medium sway bar rear might help but start with the basics b4 adding them.

Its rare to have traction roll at low speeds on corners for touring cars so it must mean that your car has exceptional grip. My m03 traction rolls and flips 720 times on corners before I added short low friction alloy dampers to lower the car as much as possible. It has a racing stock motor so its a bit faster than a mabuchi touring car.

Btw the topdeck helps reduce chassis flex which is needed on fast kits on high speed tracks where you need all that power to stay on all four wheels and also be stable and stiff like a bullet on the straight. But you're using a mabuchi so its not really needed.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
kavo- traction roll has more to do with suspension setup, tire selection and your kits ride height. Little to do with adding a top deck. Try to lower your ride height by putting some o ring (2-3) spacers inside your oil dampers to shorten it. Heavy weight oil front and rear and hard spring front and medium spring rear. For the tires use medium or hard inserts depending on track conditions. Try to lower your chassis to 5mm-7mm ground clearance. Adding hard swaybar front medium sway bar rear might help but start with the basics b4 adding them.
Very well said and 100% correct!!!

You could also try setting your ride height by making your dogbones/universals level to the ground. As rayman said, you'd have to put rubber o-rings to shorten the shock travel of your oil dampers therefore lowering your ride. You could try putting two o-rings first in each of your oil dampers. adding 3 might make your dogbones set at above level to the ground and there might be some loss of power transfer from your diffs to your wheels. These are just additional info and tips on what rayman has just posted. The carbon upperdeck will make your chassis stiff and be a lot of help when your running on high bite tracks especially carpet racing.

Cheers!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

if you do all of what has been mentioned and keep rolling, you might want to add some CA to your tire sidewall. (saw this on RCCA tips). apparently it helps with traction rolling.

Do you still have the stock friction shocks? If so change them out right away! You can't tune them at all. Get the CVA oil shocks and, like Rayman said, add O-rings. This will cause:
a) your ride height to lower.
b) your shock's downtravel to be more limited.

Your car will be more responsive and you'll traction roll less. And that's a good thing.

See? Even those smilies agree with me!
And yeah, Rayman and Tantalus are right on with their tips.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Okay, just built the TT-01 and her e are my thoughts on it:

...Wow is really a cap of what I have to say. I finally figured out why the kit was so cheap even with the ESC and motor. Aside from the pins and screws, there is absolutely no aluminum or graphite on this car. All plastic. Of all the touring cars I had, never have I seen one that screams out for hop-ups so bad! I would post a picture of it, but it basically look like everyone else's TT-01 after they built it: black and boring. I think I need some red to contrast.

Through the build process I see some parts that I really want to replace. Since I am going to run a stock motor, the Tamiya ESC and motor is going out ovbiously. The driveshaft and dogbones feels really fragile, so I'm hunting down some GPM parts, and the plastic dampeners will go eventually also. The plastic motor mount's going to be a pile of melted plastic sooner or later, but I already know that and ordered an aluminum one, which should arrive shortly. So here are the things I'm about to purchase right now:

-Graphite upper deck
-Red driveshaft
-Red Dogbones

I've yet to take it to the track, so I'll see how those bevel diffs hold up and if the dampeners are really as bad as they look. Then we'll go from there.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

its up 2 personal choice but i like blue on the tt-01 better than red but thats just me.

also go on ebay and type in tt-01 ull find all parts and red green blue parts for it aswell at cheapish pices
Old 07-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've seen a lot of blue'd TT-01s, and I just want to go a different route. Plus it will compliment my black Lexus body I have on it a lot better than blue, in addition to having my 2 off-roaders already well endowed in blue. We'll see though, because red stuff for this car is hard to find on eBay, especially the dogbones and dampeners.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for all the replies.

I see that by putting some o ring (2-3) spacers inside your oil dampers to shorten it. But how does it shorten it? I thought by putting ring spacers on is to harden the spring tension? Does anyone have any pictures to show?

So if were to put on the sway bar, I must put on the upper body fram first, then I can put on the sway bar?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay, just purchased the carbon upper deck, the driveshaft and the battery strap for bling. If anyone spots a set of red dogbones up for bid, please let me know!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

I'm running a Team Orion core stock motor with Tamiya ESC (with fan and heatsink). Stock dogbones. No problems here yet In fact, my car has taken a pounding and somehow has outlasted the body I had on it.

kavo, when you put O-rings in your shock, it shortens the shock by limiting how far down your shocks go.
On the other hand, the shock spacers, which go outside of the shock body, adjust the spring tension, not the shock or the shock shaft.
To put it simply:
-O-rings in shock = limit downtravel of shock shaft
-Shock spacers on shock = create more tension (stiffer spring) and also push down on shock shaft from the outside. May cause ride height changes!

I don't have a picture, but hopefully ya kinda get it
Old 07-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dugrant153
I'm running a Team Orion core stock motor with Tamiya ESC (with fan and heatsink). Stock dogbones. No problems here yet In fact, my car has taken a pounding and somehow has outlasted the body I had on it.
That's good to hear. Of all the things on this car, the motor mount, driveshaft and dogbones were my top worries in terms of durability. I felt like the shafts were too fragile and looks like something out of a model car while I was wary of how much heat that mount can take before it turns into a pile of goo. I'm glad the car will take a beating, but I would feel more secure with some stiffer stuff in there.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

and also a major hop up is GET PROPER BEARINGS FOR IT, it makes a big difference
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
That's good to hear. Of all the things on this car, the motor mount, driveshaft and dogbones were my top worries in terms of durability. I felt like the shafts were too fragile and looks like something out of a model car while I was wary of how much heat that mount can take before it turns into a pile of goo. I'm glad the car will take a beating, but I would feel more secure with some stiffer stuff in there.
yes, bearings are a must have

the aluminum motor mount and driveshaft are definitely must-haves if running anything beyond the silver can. dog bones are pretty okay because they bend more than they snap (atleast from my experience).

I've got a fan blowing on my ESC and stock motor cuz they get so hot :P
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
and also a major hop up is GET PROPER BEARINGS FOR IT, it makes a big difference
Proper bearings? I replaced all the plastic ones with sealed metal ball bearings. I just went crazy and purchased red dampeners, steering assembly and tie-rods. Still no dogbones though.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

patience my friend patience ull c get them soon. are you gona get ball diffs aswell
Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dugrant153

kavo, when you put O-rings in your shock, it shortens the shock by limiting how far down your shocks go.
On the other hand, the shock spacers, which go outside of the shock body, adjust the spring tension, not the shock or the shock shaft.
To put it simply:
-O-rings in shock = limit downtravel of shock shaft
-Shock spacers on shock = create more tension (stiffer spring) and also push down on shock shaft from the outside. May cause ride height changes!

I don't have a picture, but hopefully ya kinda get it
I don't really quite get the idea. Maybe someone with pictures will help a lot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.