Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 07-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tantalus007

Are you implying that one of the reasons why that guys are buying the mi2 is because they could not afford a tamya 415???

Only in your case . Otherwise you would be running a 415 at the track instead of considering to buy an mi2 where the parts available here is scarce. Its like a maserati, a poor mans ferrari but good enough. But if the LHS at the track was a retailer of schumacher I'm sure I would have one now.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I won't get into a big argument on here about what is different about an Mi2 compared to a 415. But the similarities stop at the basic layout. Anyone who thinks that it's a 415 copy needs to look at what car came out first with that layout. The original Mission from Schumacher had a very similar layout but a very different suspension. Then they came out with the Mi2 with the C-hub suspension. Then Tamiya, Corally, Yokomo, etc... all came out with cars with the same basic layout. But they are all very different. Not one is a "copy" of the other. There are only so many ways to layout a car. The suspension geometry, steering geometry, weight displacement etc. is what makes each car unique.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default SPOOL RULES!!!

well said jon... arguement closed that is the main reason why i got the Team Losi JRXS as a 2nd car. this car rocks with its very unique design. but i still love the Mi2 more since it was my first EP car that i officialy raced. in my opinion, box stock it is dialed just following the manual and as they say... "you will never forget your first time" hahaha
Old 07-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I won't get into a big argument on here about what is different about an Mi2 compared to a 415. But the similarities stop at the basic layout. Anyone who thinks that it's a 415 copy needs to look at what car came out first with that layout. The original Mission from Schumacher had a very similar layout but a very different suspension. Then they came out with the Mi2 with the C-hub suspension. Then Tamiya, Corally, Yokomo, etc... all came out with cars with the same basic layout. But they are all very different. Not one is a "copy" of the other. There are only so many ways to layout a car. The suspension geometry, steering geometry, weight displacement etc. is what makes each car unique.
If you read my posts I never said that schumacher copied the 415 or vice versa. I said that the design is similar. Comparisons are not negative and in my opinion very positive. Its how r and d concludes what designs work and when to make risky design trials. Im in r and d myself but not rc stuff but its a good practice to study existing designs. When the tc3 came out it was questioned how a shaft drive would be competitive. And guess what, after some time the other companies started to make a shaft kit. And now the trend is going back to belt again. And just look at the tao5 thread and see how they compare it to a neo kit. Its better if we're open minded and not biased. But again I do like the schumacher better than the 415 just bcoz of the price factor here.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

well, after much deliberation, I figured I need to save my money so I'll probably keep the TT01 for a while (the rest of the summer) and wait for the price of the TA05 to come down... or for some good used TB02s?

However, despite not being a super graphite carbon fiber 414 or Evo 3/4, I like the TT01 b/c it can take a beating. Despite my lack of driving skills, my car held up to all the "F&F" style crashes (flips, somersaults, etc.). In the future, though, I would like a Schumacher Mi2 or 415, regardless of which came first. hehe

I moved the ball diff to the rear and put a gear diff in the front with thick grease. When I punch the throttle, I can drift the rear end... which is kind of okay for drifting, but means I have more throttle control.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Yup tamiya kits are tough and flexi that's why there's some slop. Getting either the mi2 or 415 is really just a matter of preference coz they're at the top level. I'd personally get a schumacher coz its so worth it for the price. If you can get access to parts in your area its a no brainer really. 415 is overpriced!!! Though it did win the worlds. The tao5 will not be that expensive, if the price is just 17000 yen its in the same range as a tbo2. I'd get the tao5 just assuming it will be lighter. Though the lack of top deck support leaves some doubt to performance. I wont mention which car sucked bcoz of that design flaw. Ok I will, the Hpi pro3. Dual belt with no top deck support. Weird!!

The tt-01 is perfect for drift racing. You dont need to put a fast motor just a mabuchi will do and you'll get more than 10 mins play time even with a nicd pack. Put a 1way and you'll drift even more. you can even try locking the rear diffs.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hahahahaha we turned a lil discussion into a farily big argument lol any waiz i got my self a new esc its a gm racing sx6 its got a 10turn limit and its bloody small as i love it. so hows everyones tt-01s going mines not doing to well its been sitting on my shelf untill i can get a reciever then i can use both my cars.

and also ray man bulding my mi2 was soooooooooo much fun but me being so stupid i stuffed somthing up and i didnt realise untill i finshed it so i had to start all over again and also i have no idea what that metric and english stuff is.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
I wont mention which car sucked bcoz of that design flaw. Ok I will, the Hpi pro3. Dual belt with no top deck support. Weird!!
Here we go again. I wonder if guys are gonna visit this thread and defend the HPI Pro 3???
Old 07-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tantalus007
Here we go again. I wonder if guys are gonna visit this thread and defend the HPI Pro 3???
I've heard about that design flaw. It was chassis flex, right? Didn't they come out with a "Hara" upgrade kit that stopped it from happening?

My TT01 is doing fine Still working on a good setup, but it's running really well. Still considering and upgrade if the price is right
Old 07-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dugrant153
I've heard about that design flaw. It was chassis flex, right? Didn't they come out with a "Hara" upgrade kit that stopped it from happening?

My TT01 is doing fine Still working on a good setup, but it's running really well. Still considering and upgrade if the price is right
Did they? Maybe it came out late and I lost interest. Hopefully the 05 wont exibit that flaw. Are your tt-01 plastic dogbones holding up with the 27T motor?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rayman
Did they? Maybe it came out late and I lost interest. Hopefully the 05 wont exibit that flaw. Are your tt-01 plastic dogbones holding up with the 27T motor?
I tried twisting the XXX-S by Losi. I could not twist it at all. Nothing. Nada. :P
TB02 had some slight flex, but not much. TT01 feels like it has more flex, but not much more than the TB02 (Atleast with the carbon fiber upper frame).

Actually, yes the dogbones are holding up extremely well to the 27T motor in my TT01! I actually got into an accident that popped the dog bone out of the socket and maimed the adjustable A-arm (pretty serious one too. I thought my A-arm was toast).

Well, I took it off the track, disassembled the whole front suspension arm, put it back together and VOILA!!! I'm back on the track as if nothing happened. the dogbones are nice and soft, and although the pin in them moves around, they do tend to withstand hits pretty well. I'm sure a crash like that would've destroyed a universal, or atleast bent it. And even more amazing is that my adjustable A-arm was still in one piece!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

After reading thru this thread, I found some very useful tunning information for my TT-01. Thank you for the infor, but I still have questions to ask

Recently i just changed the tires from stock to slick type, and my car keep flipping whenever i enter or turn in a corner with the throttle off.

I also notice that my ride height is quite high. How do I lower it? Is is by using short dumper spring?

In this case which hop up should be more effective to over come the flipping problem?

By the way, I am using a sliver stock can motor(Johnson) with full set ball bearings, alumin shaft and oil shocks..
Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

my guess is get the carbon upper frame and then get roll bars
Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
my guess is get the carbon upper frame and then get roll bars
Does carbon upper frame helps? In what way does it help?

Does toe in improve handling udring corner?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

k the carbon upper frame makes the car more stable but you cant put the roll bars on with out the upper frame and also wait untill rayman or dugrant post they know a bit more then me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.