Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 06-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DraxXuter
I ave a tt-01 too but if i buy balls bering and a new motor is it good?
And tyhis my tt-
that's actually a TL01.
and ball bearings are always a good thing. Same with a new motor, especially if you started with a silver can.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

can you suggest me a motor?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DraxXuter
can you suggest me a motor?
depends on what class you like to race in. I like racing in stock class (27 turn motors). The Trinity P2k2 and the Revenge of the Monster are really good motors. I personally use a Team Orion Core stock motor. There's also a Reedy MVP... and... yeah... just to name a few. You could also get the Tamiya Sport Tuned black can motor. Good for TCS.

Actually, looking at your car, here's some things you MUST upgrade.
1) The speed controller - you have a mechanical. Get rid of it and get a good Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
2) Batteries - That red package looks like a 1500 nicad, am I correct? If it is, upgrade your batteries. Rayman is right! Batteries make a difference.
3) The silver can is decent for now. Maybe get the TL01 Speed Tuned Gear Set.
4) Lastly, you can upgrade your motor with any of the above. But get a good ESC first.

Going back to TT01 discussion:
I recently added a fan and a heatsink and an air dam to the TEU101BK ESC and Core Orion stock motor. My motor now runs quite a bit cooler and my ESC is really cool (even after a fast run). The weather was a bit cooler, though... so maybe that did something with it.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanx for help man
Old 06-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Common misconcepcion of newbies is faster motor will make me catch the guys at the track.
Make your car's handling good first and use the right equipment for esc, batts,charger. Fast motors are one of the last changes when you master the car on slow motors. Buy the cars graphite, alumimun stuff, lightweight parts making it stiffer,lighter, durable, more consistent handling. Buy a midrange esc, if you're on a budget. I use an mc230 20T limit, mc330 13T limit, on some of my kits. But again invest on good quality batts. Buy a stock 27T or 23T motor hav it cut often and get used to its speed before going mod. Then go for the 10T team orion V2(you'll need those good batts you bought) .
Old 06-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
Common misconcepcion of newbies is faster motor will make me catch the guys at the track.
Make your car's handling good first and use the right equipment for esc, batts,charger. Fast motors are one of the last changes when you master the car on slow motors. Buy the cars graphite, alumimun stuff, lightweight parts making it stiffer,lighter, durable, more consistent handling. Buy a midrange esc, if you're on a budget. I use an mc230 20T limit, mc330 13T limit, on some of my kits. But again invest on good quality batts. Buy a stock 27T or 23T motor hav it cut often and get used to its speed before going mod. Then go for the 10T team orion V2(you'll need those good batts you bought) .
Good advices! I would also like to add that for a beginner, try going with a cheap or a basic car such as TT-01. They're excellent for beginners in touring cars and once you can drive the car with a stock motor blindfolded (Not literally), then upgrade to higher-end cars. My first mistake was trying to start out with an EVO IV. What a costly mistake.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Forgot to ask you guys something -- do 26mm wheels fit the TT-01 fine without it rubbing the steering block or the turnbuckles? Once I know I can use 26mm foam tires and I start running, I'm ready to purchase a lot of red parts, one-way and the ball diff.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Forgot to ask you guys something -- do 26mm wheels fit the TT-01 fine without it rubbing the steering block or the turnbuckles? Once I know I can use 26mm foam tires and I start running, I'm ready to purchase a lot of red parts, one-way and the ball diff.
I'm running 26mm wheels on my car. No rubbing at all. However, I recommend having some offset just in case. My 24mm wheels have -1 or 0 offset, while my 26mm wheels have +3 offset. Might need to turn your dual rate steering down. But as far as I know, 26mm should be fine with this car (as long as the tires aren't super huge).

I just purchased a ball diff. Definitely a worthy upgrade. I'm going to buy the one-way later. It is also a good upgrade IF you can learn to drive it.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dugrant153
I'm running 26mm wheels on my car. No rubbing at all. However, I recommend having some offset just in case. My 24mm wheels have -1 or 0 offset, while my 26mm wheels have +3 offset. Might need to turn your dual rate steering down. But as far as I know, 26mm should be fine with this car (as long as the tires aren't super huge).

I just purchased a ball diff. Definitely a worthy upgrade. I'm going to buy the one-way later. It is also a good upgrade IF you can learn to drive it.
That's good to know. I thought I would have to get those 6mm hexes...saves me money there.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

the only thing with the TT01 is that the wheel width (like most Tamiya cars) is only about 175-185. I've mananged to space mine out to 184mm. It used to be 179mm stock.

But that won't make it so that the wheel will bump the chassis or anything... unless you put buggy tires on that thing :P
Old 07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

update on the adjustable arms.

My TT01 adjustable arms seem to be doing fine. Camber will only change if you smack into a wall... or step on your own car (haha... don't ask).
However, the cup joints that come with the TT01 ball diff suck (they keep wiggling cuz I think they're too short). I'm working on a solution right now. Will update later.

I also geared the TT01 down to stock gearing of 61/19 for the Team Orion Core stock motor. I get a LOT more punch (and torque) off the line. Should be good for the twisties hehehe
Old 07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hey guys i have been thingking about the front one way diff if i was to get it would i need to get ball diffs 1st or can i just get the front one way. im also selling my tt-01 to some kid at my school for 100buks aus and thats with only the blue shaft and bearings im keeping the rest of the hop ups and with that 100 im going to buy a brand new tt-01 so im pretty much just trading it for a new one

alex

i also think that tamiya should make a tt-01 trf what do you guys think
Old 07-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hey guys i have been thingking about the front one way diff if i was to get it would i need to get ball diffs 1st or can i just get the front one way. im also selling my tt-01 to some kid at my school for 100buks aus and thats with only the blue shaft and bearings im keeping the rest of the hop ups and with that 100 im going to buy a brand new tt-01 so im pretty much just trading it for a new one

i also think that tamiya should make a tt-01 trf what do you guys think
I think that Tamiya SHOULD make a TRF version of TT-01. BUT... they already got the TT01-R coming. so... it's kinda on the way :P

You can just get the front one-way in the front diff. You don't NEEd the ball diff, but it is nice to have in the rear diff case.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

kid TT-01- how about posting some pics of your tt-01 before selling it. and also some pics of your schumacher. where is it?
Old 07-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i dont have a digi cam yet but ill try my best to get pics

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.