Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 06-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

ah! you got swaybars on there! Carpet racing? I see the hopups there... sweet.

I tried a one-way diff on a TA04. I can see how good it is now But also how it can become trouble when you're offpower and things are slippery. Ball diff is on the way, will replace the greased up gear diff.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, guess I'll join in on the TT-01 fray. I purchased a TT-01 kit (The Subaru WRC 04 one) and will be using it as a practice car. For now, it will also be my primary carpet car to replace my aging TA-04. Is it true that these kits do not include bearings? I wasn't too sure so I went ahead and bought a set just so that I can put them in when I build it.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

they don't include bearings. In fact, they don't include a lot of stuff. You'll find you'll be upgrading a lot, and soon surpass the price of a TB02. But it's fun I learned a lot in the process versus just buying a kit. However, now that I know a lot, I'd probably upgrade to a TB02R or TA05 later on
That being said, I love the TT01 still. If anything, I'll convert it to a drift car... or just keep it and keep practicing and make TA04 and TB02 owners nervous

Props on getting the Subaru body. I wanted that body SO bad... but it was pricier than my current Ford Focus body.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I went to to local track today raced against my couins TA-03.

I was using silver can(johnsson) and he was using black motor (sports tuned). and he couldnt keep up with me At the moment I'm very happy with my TT.

Also I got new drive shafts because my old one's were buckled but i drive around dont hit anything but they still buckle a little. any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

I'm thinking of getting the following hop-ups
1. aluminium racing steering set
2. tie-rod set
3. adjustable upper arm set
4. rear toe-in uprights

any opinions on those? like why should i get and why shouldnt i get.

thanks.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ok the tie rod set yes you should get it for you can toe in our out your front tires.

uper arms yes so you can camber your wheels.

reaer toe ins yes so you can toe in your wheels.

racng stering set i think yes it will improve your steering a little bit.

im not to sure about what ive said so yeh
Old 06-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

those are all good upgrades and will help fine tune the handling of the car. I don't have the aluminum steering set yet, and the rear toe uprights. Those will come later after some suspension tuning I'm doing.

what do you mean by the driveshafts are buckled?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eeyan
Hi Guys... glad this thread is still alive. Just wanted to share an old pic I took of my TT01 when I was still playing with it (5 months ago?). There are several aftermarket hop-ups installed. But the most interesting (I think) is the Tech Racing 3 pc center shaft and upper deck wings (carbon graphite with blue glitter). Not sure if you can see it in the pic, but its there...
Thats a nice hopped up tt01. I see you have the adjustable upper arm. My friends who bought that seem to hav a prob with it loosening up after some long time of playing. It literally falls apart during play and they hav to super glue the threads.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, the same thing happens to me. I'm always adjusting the front upper arm camber levels because it keeps loosening up. Looks like I may need to CA it too

this doesn't happen on other cars does it?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

It doesn't happen to any kit besides the tt-01. Flaw in design I guess. The other shaft is not threaded so there's only one support for the arm that's threaded. I dont recommend buying or installing it if you're gonna be pestered by collapsing upper arms every other run.

Look at eeyan's set up. Its the same with my recommended setup except he uses swaybars probably bcoz he plays in high speed high bite track. Eeyan races in TCS so you should follow his setup.

Last edited by rayman; 06-27-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

hey fellas i went on the usa taiya site and i just read that the new TT-01r and the TT-01 drift spec will be coming out soon how kool is that
Old 06-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rays_tt: here’s my opinions, hope this helps…

aluminum racing steering set- would help smoothen the response of your steering action because its equipped with bearings, although its more of a bling effect. Get it when you’ve got the extra dough.

tie-rod set-help in adjusting your front toe adjustments. Purchase them so you would be able to set 0 degrees of toe in and these would give more you straight line speed. Definitely buy these.

adjustable upper arm-helps in setting the camber angle for your wheels. adjust camber angle positively to increase traction and adjust negatively if the car has a tendency to turn excessively(front) or to prevent the car from slipping(rear). always adjust the rear camber more positive than front suspension. you should take RAYMAN’S advise on not getting these, his explanation is 100% true.

rear toe-in uprights-a –2 degree toe-in would help in exiting corners a little faster. you should buy one of these.

if you’re gonna be buying a stock motor, i’d recommend trinity’s ‘revenge of the monster’ stock motor.Its a 27 turn, 24 degree timing stock motor, just like dugrant153's p2k motor but it has a good mix of rpm and torque unlike the p2k its more of a torque motor. Its up to you on finding the right/perfect gearing for your race track. Just be sure to be in the 7-6.5 final drive ratio to be safe.

and sway bars have effects on your kits handling especially when you’re running on high bite tracks.

dugrant153: you could never tell if a front one way would do you good in your car and driving just because you’ve driven a TA04 that’s equipped with a front one way .The TT01 and the TA04 are 2 very different kits. And try having a –2 camber at the front and –1 at the rear and use a medium spring(yellow) at the front and a softer spring(red) at the rear. These might make your car more drivable. hope it helps.

Cheers!

Last edited by tantalus007; 06-27-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

tantalus007- signature is TL01 R Tuned (RAYMAN Tuned)! That's one of my kits. It can keep up with your trf tao4 quantum comp 2, gp3300, type rz powered and that other "pro" racer's tc3, 23T yokomo sr, intellect 3600 last sat My poor tlo1, type s, mc230 but........with intellect 3600 stick pack will now be mabuchi powered for this saturday's run.
Your sig should say trf tao4 or will it be schumacher mi2 soon?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It’s all in finding and using the perfect setup for your kit and having the driving skills to go with it is the reason why a TL01 can keep up with the kits above mentioned. The TA04 is only using a quantum comp 1 and loose gp3300. and I don’t go to the tracks every other day to practice not like our friend who should always be in front of us because he practices almost everyday at the track. Hehe!

Yup, I’ll also be running my TL01 R Tuned (RAYMAN Tuned) this weekend. Its gonna be powered by a silver can and I’ll be using speed tuned gears and 23t pinion combo. Lots of top end speed and no accelerating power. I’ve also set the universals level for my ride height. Our TL01’s will be up against 2 TB EVO 1’s and hopefully 2 TT01’s. (What’s with the 01’s?)

I’m thinking of Schumacher MI2 and SUPER hopped-up TT01 as my new sig. Two kits for one. Cross your fingers rayman. Hehe!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

thats what i got Mi2 and a semi hoped up TT-01
Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

tantalus007: how do i find out my final gear ratio? or any other gear ratio for that matter?

by the way i have a TEU-101bk tamiya esc would that run with most stock motors?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.