Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Does TT-01 has a potential? >

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Like Tree1Likes

Does TT-01 has a potential?

Old 06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

I would say get the toe-in rear hubs. The TT01 has a tendency to slide the rear out, so the toe in rear hubs will help. I'm possibly planning on getting them once I take my car out for a spin with some new settings
as for front toe-in, I guess a little wouldn't hurt for turn in. but don't put too much! My car went nuts when I put in like 5 degrees toe-in...hehe

so I went for for a quick run with the new "rayman" setup for the TT01
I found that in a hard turn in, the car will suddenly oversteer out of nowhere.
Any recommendations to fix this?

Last edited by dugrant153; 06-20-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

If you're car oversteers all of a sudden then you might need rear toe in. So definitely the 1way is out for that kit . The blue front and yellow rear spring setup should have made the kit more user friendly and understeer more. When you say 5 deg is that + or -? Try toe in just +1 should compensate for blue front and give more steering.

kid TT-01 - lets see the rolling chassi of that shumacher without any elec so we can see a some clear details
Old 06-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

after some quick checkup, I realized my decreased shock uptravel (and thus lower ride height) changed the camber from -2 to -4!! yikes! this probably explains the sudden oversteer.
so I adjusted the camber to -1 in the front, and -1 in the rear. car sits lower because of decreased upward shock travel and because there's so little shock, I think the spring have some slight preload (due to shock size essentially shrinking a bit. not too tight).
I'm still gunning for that one-way one day. lol

Apparently, Masami Hirosaka always drives with one? hehe
Old 06-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Apparently everyone thinks they can be like Masami. Hehe. I suggest you make the tt01's handling perfect before you add a 1way. It will drastically change handling and then you'll be adjusting way too many variables. One at a time and dont be in a hurry to tinker with everything.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I still think it'd be kinda cool to try the one-way. But I'm figuring it's like swaybars: only good for certain tracks. And even with this beginner's chassis (TT01), after all the mods, there is so much to tinker with and learn about!

oh, just found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I wonder if it will work with the TT01?

Last edited by dugrant153; 06-22-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Definitely try the 1way once u fix the tt-01. You'll be gliding through corners.
It doesn't say tt-01 but sometimes parts are interchangeable with tamiya kits. But Im sure this one wont coz it looks different than tt-01 diffs. I had this one in my tlo1 long b4 but I took it out coz it made the car a drifter.
You can try it on an mo3 or ff02 and hav a no brake racing with your friends. Heehee
Old 06-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

there is some tt-01 one way diffs on ebay

LOOK

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....982254216&rd=1
Old 06-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

yeah, I've been eyeing those for a long time. the seller is decent. have bought stuff from him before.

Well, just ordered a ball diff. Thought I wasn't gonna buy a one-way, so ordered a ball diff... but later, my friend let me try it out on his TA04. Tamiya Type A tires and a semi-dusty tennis court... But man!! The front one-way differential is AWESOME! I think it's because my driving style is suited perfectly for it. Brake in a straight line, turn the corner and gun it early. Woosh! take off!! But yeah... next paycheque, I guess.

As for that oneway part I posted up, you're right. It doesn't fit. just some part incompatibilities, and the cases are different.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i just got my 55T/58T spur and currently running the 55spur and 25pinio. and its amazing how quiet the car is now. it use to make so mcuh rattling and squeaking sounds, now there all gone.

i can see the acceleration is dramatically reduced but the top end is great. what would you recommend as a good balance?

also i've noticed with the extra speed the car is a bit unstable. would the tie-rod set and adjustable arms fix that?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

on my tt-01 i was running 55spur with 25 pinion but then i changed it to 58 spur with 25 pinion to suit where i race at
Old 06-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

I'm running on 61/22, which is relatively low compared to the other gears. However, I'm using this gear ratio on a Team Orion Core stock motor, so it revs up pretty quick and heats up pretty fast.

First, I'm also working on keeping the car stable. Hmm... for stability, I think it's more of a shock/spring thing rather than tie rods or adjustable arms (although those are good to have). I think the TT01 stock has some negative front camber due to the design of it. check it. Maybe you might need some rear camber?
I am going to try to adjust my suspension and differentials first. Then I'll see if swaybars are any good.

Also, I notice that the TEU101BK and the Orion Core stock motor heat up a lot. I'm thinking of adding a fan to cool it all down (it's fine with the black can. Well, it does get hot, but not cooking like when I run stock motors). Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 06-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

apparently sway bars dont do anything for any chassis weather it be TT-01 or 415. Cause my mate had sway bars on his 415 but took em off because it didnt do nothing for his car.

i usually race the black motor as well (assuming your talking about the tamiya sports tuned)

i'm looking for a stock motor but not sure which one to get.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rays_tt
apparently sway bars dont do anything for any chassis weather it be TT-01 or 415. Cause my mate had sway bars on his 415 but took em off because it didnt do nothing for his car.

i usually race the black motor as well (assuming your talking about the tamiya sports tuned)

i'm looking for a stock motor but not sure which one to get.
Im not sure I agree with you. Sway bars may not be effective or good on some kits but they definitely affect handling on all kits either making it better or worse. It keeps the chassis flat and prevent chassis roll. But I only put swaybars in front usually.

Here's a useful site. Calculates most stuff.
http://www.gearchart.com/
I use it to calculate potential speed for a mabuchi motor to compete against 27T stock to keep up using the right gearing and of course when using my mod motors to find a reliable setup.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

any suggestions on how to keep the rear end planted?
I seem to be having issues with that... under power, the rear keeps sliding out :P
was thinking sway bars, but they take away traction, don't they?

so I have understeer, and oversteer. yikes!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys... glad this thread is still alive. Just wanted to share an old pic I took of my TT01 when I was still playing with it (5 months ago?). There are several aftermarket hop-ups installed. But the most interesting (I think) is the Tech Racing 3 pc center shaft and upper deck wings (carbon graphite with blue glitter). Not sure if you can see it in the pic, but its there...
Attached Thumbnails Does TT-01 has a potential?-tt01_aftermarket_option.jpg   Does TT-01 has a potential?-tt01_aftermarket_option_2.jpg   Does TT-01 has a potential?-tt01_techracing_brace.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.