Wiki Posts
Search

Any Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Any Tips?

Hello,
Like I said earlier im new to rc racing. Can anybody give me some tips on how to control my XXX-SCT better? Or any other tips you guys/ girls can give me.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

First of all,

Try not to get frustrated, if you do just take a break and then come back.

The key is practice, practice, practice!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Practice is truly the only thing that can make you a better driver. Set up a course and try it however many times it takes at 25% throttle until you know how to take each corner properly. Then do the same at about 50%, then 75%, then full throttle and you will have mastered your course. The low throttle laps will be painstaking but IT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER. It will take time but you will see an improvement from beginning to end.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok thank you. And there is a place like 3miles from my house so i will go there and do what you guys told me to do.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NathanMiller
Hello,
Like I said earlier im new to rc racing. Can anybody give me some tips on how to control my XXX-SCT better? Or any other tips you guys/ girls can give me.
Slower is better. Start slow then build up your speed. Each wreck puts you back in a race much more than taking it easy. Relax on the drivers stand and don't forget to breath. Pay attention to your car and try to ride the same line around the track. Roll into the throttle. If you are using the throttle as an on/off switch you are doing it wrong.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa
Slower is better. Start slow then build up your speed. Each wreck puts you back in a race much more than taking it easy. Relax on the drivers stand and don't forget to breath. Pay attention to your car and try to ride the same line around the track. Roll into the throttle. If you are using the throttle as an on/off switch you are doing it wrong.
Alright thanks Man.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

If you're having trouble with spinning out and it's hard to keep it straight, buy a steering gyro, it will make it much easier.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcforme
If you're having trouble with spinning out and it's hard to keep it straight, buy a steering gyro, it will make it much easier.
That's a new one on me?

When you go to your track ask what seem to be the best tires for the track. That will make your truck feel 90% better and much more controllable. In general, stock tires aren't the best choice as they are designed for best traction in "all" terrains and are generally made of harder rubber for longer durability/life.