Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Good dicharger >

Good dicharger

Good dicharger

Old 10-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Good dicharger

you guys know any discharger best for nicads and nihm?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Does the nimh batts packs needs to be discharge also? whats the best batt in the market interms of life and quality?
Old 10-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Most dischargers are about the same. Just make sure you get one with at least a 20 amp discharge and preferably 30 amp. The old trusty lightbulb discharger will work fine if it has an automatic cutoff.

The nimh cells still need to be discharged even tho they have no memory to them. The also need to be equalized at .09v before charging back up again. The current cellof choice is the GP 3300 nimh. Several matchers sell this cell, 90% of them are close as far as quality. Try picking one close to you for service and just to support your local RC scene. They also have alot of information your looking for on thier websites.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Novak Smart Tray, that is all i need to say
Old 10-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DerekL
Novak Smart Tray, that is all i need to say
You also need to say 20 or 30 amps , so the Novak cant stand alone.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

deans bulb discharger/eagle cdc/novak smart tray are the best stuff..............i think
Old 10-14-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

what about the integy 30 amp one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 10-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

What about Charger with discharger? whats you guys think. my buget is $150.

I try using 30 amp resistor? and checking it continously with my digital Tester. Is that OK? I stop practicing it though. since i got tamiya discharger. (i'm still not satisfied to the discharger though)
Old 10-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont use this feature on any of my chargers.The reason why is to much heat is dissipated during discharge.Heat = early electronic failure,even in the good ones.. I use a bulb discharger(one with a cut off device),a tray and a good charger.I would buy the best charger I can afford,save up some money and get a good tray(the novak)The only batterys I would get are the GP's(3300)The Chargers are a little more "connfusing" because their are so many feautures so many chargers Ac/Dc,Dc, Their are a few good ones in your price range.Integy has a few..16x4 AC/DC,16x2,Novak has the millennium chargers(DC only)LRP has the pulsars(DC only)Reedy has the Quasar's(really the same charger's as the Integy's)I would stick to one of these chargers..

Last edited by xxxkat; 10-15-2004 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

if you have the budget gfx or a cdc will do.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

He only has $150..I dont think you even get to look at one of those for 150.. I think the GFX and the CDC are a bit overpriced for most of us.Their are chargers out their for alot less money that charge your packs just fine,but with out some of the features.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Hog
Tech Rookie

I got a Turbo Tube from King Daddy Racing shipped over to the UK. Does what I need and looks a bit bling as well. 20Amp plus 5.4V cutoff wa about $70 or so, and that included shipping.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Blackwrench™
What about Charger with discharger? whats you guys think. my buget is $150.

I try using 30 amp resistor? and checking it continously with my digital Tester. Is that OK? I stop practicing it though. since i got tamiya discharger. (i'm still not satisfied to the discharger though)
If u save up about $30 more, u can get the Integy 16x7 v6.. It's a really good discharger and charger..Can discharge up to 30 apms and charge up to 6.5 apms. Also has a Cycle System too to go through and help out ur dead cells. It can charge/discharge Ni-Cd and Ni-MH
Old 10-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xxxkat
Heat = early electronic failure,even in the good ones..
Not nessecarily (spelling?). It's true that heat do stress electronics, but if the design is well done, it's not a problem.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DT-Skyline
If u save up about $30 more, u can get the Integy 16x7 v6.. It's a really good discharger and charger..Can discharge up to 30 apms and charge up to 6.5 apms. Also has a Cycle System too to go through and help out ur dead cells. It can charge/discharge Ni-Cd and Ni-MH
Many people have experienced that buying a cheap charger, means that the battery packs are fast damaged. Meaning it wasnt so cheap anyway...

A good alternative, is the LRP Pulsar Sport, which can be found for 100$. This rest of the money can be spent on a power supply.

Another alternative, might be to modify a computer power supply for this kind of use. It requires some soldering, but works fine, almost for free.

Or simply buy a used power supply.

Integy have some interesting dischargers, the Reactors. They comes in different models, with different disharging rates. They got auto cut off, which I think should be a mandatory requirement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.