Engine woes

Old 09-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Engine woes

Hello

Originally I am a R/C airplane pilot, but when I came to college, I had to leave my planes at home, due to space limitations and being in a more urban area. So I decided to get an R/C Nitro powered car to pass my time. I did not imagine i would have much difficulty with it, particularly the engine, since i have delt with similar engines in my airplanes. Well, I was wrong. I bought a Duratrax Nitro Evader BX RTR buggy, with a DTX .18 engine. Ever since I got that cursed car, I can't for the life of me get the engine to start, or once it does start, to keep it running for more than a minute. I have completly torn the sides of 3 sets of fingers off pulling on that engine. I did get it to start, and even drive a little bit yesterday. About 2 mins before the engine kicked off. I have not gotten it to start since. I have tried dozens of different high valve settings, have tried changing the glow plug, chaging the battery in the glow plug starter, putting fuel directly into the carb, just about everything I can think of, all producing no results. I don't want to have to send this car back to tower hobbies. Is there something I am missing? Some kind of trick that will get this thing going? Or should I just pack it in and ship it out?

Shifterdarkwolf
Plattsburgh, NY
Old 09-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

get rid of it nitro cars are the devil. i had a RC10gt and sold it and bought a TC3 and i love the electric car so much more.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

is fuel geting to the tank to the motor? look at the fuel tubbing, and see if there is gas in it, if not prime it. If there is theres no reason it should not start. unless it floded or bad plug.

aadolf, just because you don't know how to operate one dosen't mean there bad.

Last edited by terrible ted; 09-29-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aadolf
get rid of it nitro cars are the devil. i had a RC10gt and sold it and bought a TC3 and i love the electric car so much more.
RACIST.....

j/k

ok...
check this link

good luck!

mop