Wiki Posts
Search

Getting back into RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting back into RC

Greetings all,
After a few years away from the hobby, I've decided to work my way back in. Due to a new location, I'm pretty much out the off-road stuff. However, I'm living in Tokyo and decided to jump into on-road touring cars. I spent a few days looking at different options and what seemed to be popular/common models for what I wanted. All of my background has been in off-road and mostly bashing, with a little bit of simple racing.
I'm taking a different approach this time, because I got caugh up in the 'fast as you can buy' mindset the last time. I'm looking at putting something together that will be as fast as I can control, nothing more. I ended up buying a TT-01RE SA at the Futaba Shop in Akihabara. Going to order a body through one of the custom paint shops online that I have seen on the forums here. I'm not rushing into this since I will be pretty busy at work for the next few months, but will use my downtime to relax and either drive or wrench.
Having said all of that, I'm looking for some recommendations on the following:

-Motor & ESC (would rather go brushless due to low maintenence)
-Batteries (had lipos and brushless in an EMAXX a few years ago and loved it)
-Radio (2.4ghz obviosly)

I will possibly try to get into some low-level club racing, so I know that they will have certain specs to follow, but that may be down the road. I'm looking for something to practice with mainly.
I loved this hobby before, and am very happy to be back in it. Especially since the brushless/lipo options have become more reasonable.
Look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Thanks,
Pete
Old 05-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Welcome and that is awesome. Glad to see you make a come back into the hobby.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Buddy - thanks! Glad to be back!