Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
HELP please ! >

HELP please !

HELP please !

Old 09-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP please !

My NTC3 engine is not starting, i checked everything and by i evrything i mean EVRYTHING! I did hear it idle a LITTLE bit but did not want to start, can anyone help me please ?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: HELP please !

Originally posted by fourflow
My NTC3 engine is not starting, i checked everything and by i evrything i mean EVRYTHING! I did hear it idle a LITTLE bit but did not want to start, can anyone help me please ?
checks again the following:

Glow plug
fuel tube
Igniter
air leaks
Use different fuel.

Only time engine will not start is if fuel cannot go in and will not combust.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

if its getting fuel,air,and your igniter is charged up and your plug is good it has to crank
Old 10-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Default also CHECK this

check also your EXHAUST PIPE...

faulty exhaust pipe may cause the fuel not being 'pushed' into the carb. if you have friend running the same car... try to use his exhaust to see.

check the fuel line.... is the fuel moving into the carb?

check the HIGH SPEEN NEEDLE(HSN) and LOW SPEED NEEDLE(LSN)... check LSN better... is it OPEN TOO MUCH? it should open counter-clockwise 2-2.5 full turn from full close position. coz TOO OPEN the LSN means it will FLOOD your carb thus resulting the GLOW PLUG cant burn the FLOODED FUEL.

check the GLOW PLUG... is the glow plug REALLY GLOW? bright glow? new or old glow plug doesnt matter... check it GLOW or not?

check your GLOW IGNITOR... FULLY CHARGE? GIVE GLOW TO GLOW PLUG? if a faulty glow ignitor with fully charged is a useless glow ignitor.... use a fully charge glow iginitor that make the plug GLOW brightly.

check your FUEL FILTER (in the tank) or the additional filter along the fuel line (if you installed it).... faulty fuel filter also doesnt let the fuel to flow easily into the carb....

if not... bring to your LHS.

GOOD LUCK...

mop