Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
losi 2.0 help >

losi 2.0 help

losi 2.0 help

Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default losi 2.0 help

So im getting a losi 2.0 kit and need a nitro motor for it but there's a lot out there. What do you guys recommend me to buy.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default motor

a very good motor is losi nitrotec r21
Old 04-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default losi 2.0

Ok so im buying the losi The 1/8 8IGHT 2.0 Buggy Race Roller. And im wanting to put a dynamite red head .21 in it but idk what all I need to complette the buggy. Does it come with a clutch? Cutch bell? and what pipe and header and seals do I need. part numbers would be great.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

The kit (or roller) comes with a clutch and a couple clutchbells (13T & 14T I think).

Since you're getting a Dynamite motor, might as well get a Dynamite pipe; probably a midrange for decent all-around power:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hard-Anodized

They're reasonably priced too.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

A nice buggy needs a even better motor, Look in to the WERKS engine the B6 Team Line with a Werks pipe 2057 or 2058, came with the seals ans springs. You won't be disappointed. http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ng-engine.html GL
Old 04-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T
A nice buggy needs a even better motor, Look in to the WERKS engine the B6 Team Line with a Werks pipe 2057 or 2058, came with the seals ans springs. You won't be disappointed. http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ng-engine.html GL
The Werks is a good motor. There are a lot of engines out there that would be perfect for 2.0. What is you price range. If you only got $200 to drop on an engine, it would be usless to recomend something like a OS Speed or something that cost $500. O'donnel makes a really good motor for about $200. Same with Alpha and others. Look around at what people are using at you track ( if thats were you will be running mostly) Or find out what you local hobby shop recommends. If its you first Nitro mil, look to get something that is reliable and tunes easy. But everything else you will need minus a pipe will come with the Race Roller. Most engines come with a seal and if you buy a pipe it will come with all it hareware and seals. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
The kit (or roller) comes with a clutch and a couple clutchbells (13T & 14T I think).

Since you're getting a Dynamite motor, might as well get a Dynamite pipe; probably a midrange for decent all-around power:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hard-Anodized

They're reasonably priced too.
the losi comes with 13t clutch bell. it comes with a clutch but i would recommend changing it. the stock is an alum. flywheel with 2 alum and 2 comp clutch shoes with 2 gold springs on alum and 2 green on the comp. get a steel flywheel and a pair of black springs, put the green springs on the alum and black springs on the comp. this is a very nice clutch set up, its nice and smooth and still has plenty of punch for any track it helps calm the losi down a lot.