Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Correct way to bash... >

Correct way to bash...

Correct way to bash...

Old 04-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool Correct way to bash...

Hi guys, I just ordered my first off-road truck and before it arrives, I figured I should at least have an idea of what to-do and not-to-do when I get it, especially in term of driving.

I plan on only bashing with it and I wanted to to find out if there is anything specific that will damage it faster, like gunning the accelerate when I land a jump or even if I should be paying attention to the slipper clutch...

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

What type of car did you order???and where will you be running it???
Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

I am getting the HPI Savage Flux HP. I plan on running it with two 2S batteries. I will be running it on a farm, so gravel and grass. There are quite a few nice jumps as well.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

General rule of thumb is the faster the vehicle is going, the more damage is going to occur when the unmovable jumps in front of it
Old 04-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just slow down before a jump and accelerate right before the top..you wont flip and nose dive that way..Plus slow down into turns and accelerate out of them.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Congratulations on your purchase. A great truck. When you're coming up to a jump go slower and when you're confident you are lined up correctly to the jump you can hit the throttle.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Before you take you truck out, be sure to tighten all the nuts and bolts on the truck. Especialy the ones holding your motor in place. This is to ensure that nothing moves when there's an impact. I didn't do this and ended up having to replace my spur gear in the first week of having it. 0
On you first couple of runs, get to know the throtle sensitivity, brushless motor on a 2s lipo has a lot of torque. Make sure there are no curbs or large objects that it can slam into. Other then that have a ton of fun!!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I might survive a week before destroying my new toy, will keep you posted on the carnage and you will definitely be getting questions on how to fix it...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I might survive a week before destroying my new toy, will keep you posted on the carnage and you will definitely be getting questions on how to fix it...
Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah I was scerwing around at a skate park the 3rd or 4th day I had my truck...there was a set of steps and a ramp that was going to get me some major air. I went full throttle and slammed it directly into the bottom step. I backed it up and it started twiching like it was having a frikkin seizure ( im allowed to say that cuz I have them lol)!!! Anyway I want over to pick it up and the sob took off full throttle into the pool looking part (like the half pipe) and went balls to the wall up one side of the pool and luckily ( to a point) landed on its top. Broke the body in several places, ripped the antenna off of the reciever chip (which explains the seizures and full blast back flip), ripped the 2screws out holding my baby bumper on.
So the accident turned out to not ba as bad as it could have been but it still sucked. Half my questions on the forums were the result of this accident. Anyway I just upgraded everything I broke and we are back to bashing with a vengence!
Oh and I went back after I fixed the truck and hit that jump! However I blew out 2 shocks and broke an a arm. ....I told you I was going to get some major air!
Just wanted to share my " the wall jumped in front of me" story. Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Thats exactly what I'm trying to avoid happening too soon.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLATLINE XTR
Yeah I was scerwing around at a skate park the 3rd or 4th day I had my truck...there was a set of steps and a ramp that was going to get me some major air. I went full throttle and slammed it directly into the bottom step. I backed it up and it started twiching like it was having a frikkin seizure ( im allowed to say that cuz I have them lol)!!! Anyway I want over to pick it up and the sob took off full throttle into the pool looking part (like the half pipe) and went balls to the wall up one side of the pool and luckily ( to a point) landed on its top. Broke the body in several places, ripped the antenna off of the reciever chip (which explains the seizures and full blast back flip), ripped the 2screws out holding my baby bumper on.
So the accident turned out to not ba as bad as it could have been but it still sucked. Half my questions on the forums were the result of this accident. Anyway I just upgraded everything I broke and we are back to bashing with a vengence!
Oh and I went back after I fixed the truck and hit that jump! However I blew out 2 shocks and broke an a arm. ....I told you I was going to get some major air!
Just wanted to share my " the wall jumped in front of me" story. Thanks
This kind of story is why everyone should have a video camera on the brim of their hat. That would have been awesome to see.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

buy RPM A-Arms...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is what I bought. I upgrade to at least rpm after I break something. Broke my servo gear a couple days ago but I had one laying around and just put it on. Do they make rpm servo gears?
oh well. I think I will be taking a camera just for fun the next time I go hardcore bashing.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Savage?
Drive it like you stole it!
Attached Thumbnails Correct way to bash...-mvi_0853001_0001.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.