Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Need help deciding on 2WD 1/10 buggy as a begginer buggy. >

Need help deciding on 2WD 1/10 buggy as a begginer buggy.

Need help deciding on 2WD 1/10 buggy as a begginer buggy.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Need help deciding on 2WD 1/10 buggy as a begginer buggy.

I am going to order a 1/10 2WD buggy which I will start as a car to learn on and at a later point I will race .I am deciding between a RC10B4.1 or the LOSI TLR 22 mainly I am wondering which is the easiest to build and work on. I have read allot on both and feel both will be good once I am more experienced and get it dialed in, but I am wondering which would be the most beginner friendly. I currently have a B44.1 which is still in the box that I will begin to build this weekend although it will be a gradual process and I will probably build & drive the 2WD first and use that as my learner car. I have read that if you know how to drive 2WD then you can drive anything so I decided it would be a good Buggy to learn on and I want to have one of each type of car. I will probably get a SC truck and a 1/8 Buggy later on also since I am fully addicted to this hobby.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Either of those will work fine...make sure your hobby shop supplies parts for those particular buggies...If you want a personal preferance I would go with the B4.1 FT kit...
Old 04-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi 22 buggy.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer53
Either of those will work fine...make sure your hobby shop supplies parts for those particular buggies...If you want a personal preferance I would go with the B4.1 FT kit...
I agree! If you are a beginner make sure your Local hobby shop has the parts for the car you get. Cuz eventually, something will break and it can happen the very first day of use.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PaulL5156
I agree! If you are a beginner make sure your Local hobby shop has the parts for the car you get. Cuz eventually, something will break and it can happen the very first day of use.
Yeah unfortunately the main hobby shop I go to doesnt carry parts for either. I am going to check other hobby shops in town to see if any support one or the other to help with the decision.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ...

I went off the deep end and bought a Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for my first buggy. It's more than I need at the moment, but my local shop has the parts and great support.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cyric
Yeah unfortunately the main hobby shop I go to doesnt carry parts for either. I am going to check other hobby shops in town to see if any support one or the other to help with the decision.
Yeah thats the best thing to do, check out your local shops. Plus, it really isnt the kind of car you buy that determines if you will win if you plan to race. It's all about the driver(You) and the amount of fun you have.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

22 done.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by token
22 done.
yeah the 22 is a great buggy...I like the two different motor positions you can choose from
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

in all actuallity, the buggy is going to be harder for a beginner. they jump and everything differently than a truck. they won't be as forgiving as a truck. a good thing to start with would be a SC truck. people beat the hell out of them and it will be easier to drive. you'll have the full body to lees breakage unlike an open wheel buggy. i started out with the rc10 buggy way back. didn't take long to turn it into the truck and then i had great success with it..get a 2 wheel drive truck. to much mantainance with a 4x4 for beginner. i would say get the slash.....
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you're deciding between those two I'd definitely suggest the 22, hands-down. You'll find more detailed tips and walk-throughs on how to build it. There are tons of people running them even though it's very new, and Losi is suddenly doing a great job supporting racers.

If you want the best quality go Kyosho - but you'll pay slightly more for that quality and parts will be a little more difficult to come by in person, depending on your track (some tracks are well-stocked on K parts). If you can wait a few days for free shipping, no tax, and lower prices you can order any of this stuff online at any time.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

I might get a 2WD SC down the road to mess with but for now I have decided on the 22. I was going back and forth but the walk through Muggydude posted helped me decide to go with the 22. I dont mind breaking parts since I want to use this buggy to learn to work on the cars.

I might go for Kyosho down the road since I dont mind ordering parts online, but I will probably look at Kyosho when I go 1/8 electric buggy. right now I am looking at Kyosho and Mugen but the Losi and AE still seem to be great also. there are just too many damn choices and I want them all.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyric
I might get a 2WD SC down the road to mess with but for now I have decided on the 22. I was going back and forth but the walk through Muggydude posted helped me decide to go with the 22. I dont mind breaking parts since I want to use this buggy to learn to work on the cars.

I might go for Kyosho down the road since I dont mind ordering parts online, but I will probably look at Kyosho when I go 1/8 electric buggy. right now I am looking at Kyosho and Mugen but the Losi and AE still seem to be great also. there are just too many damn choices and I want them all.
22 is a good choice. Durability was one of the main considerations when they designed the car.