Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Blackfoot Extreme ESC just beeps >

Blackfoot Extreme ESC just beeps

Blackfoot Extreme ESC just beeps

Old 08-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Blackfoot Extreme ESC just beeps

Hi all

Just finished assembling a Blackfoot Extreme - this kit came with a tamiya ESC.

I put the battery on charge (brand new battery) but somehow I dont think we let it charge long enough...

When I connect everything up and switch on the ESC just makes this beeping sound all the time and the car does not respond to any input from the radio.

Am I write in assuming that it's the batteries that need more charging as the steering servo is also not responding to any input from the Radio.

Please let me know - anyway in the mean time I put the batteries on trickle charge so I will check them again in the morning.

Cheers and thanks in advance
Old 08-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all

Ok sorted it myself after an hour or so's troubleshooting...

I inserted the wires from the speed control and servo incorrectly into the receiver - the ESC beeps if you switch on the car with the motor connected and it doesn't get a signal from the transmitter - it's a safety feature.

Anyways the car is up and running now and is plenty fun - hope this helps some other sod that might have the same problem.

REgards
Douw