Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
newb - I think i need new tires.. >

newb - I think i need new tires..

newb - I think i need new tires..

Old 08-23-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default newb - I think i need new tires..

And rims Any suggestions for tires? Or do i just go to tamiya.com and pick some replacements?

Old 08-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Go to your local hobbie some and get some HPI's i love them had them for ever. Stick with some nice and cheap rims. And dont forget to glue the tires on!
Old 08-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

I highly reccomend Sorex tires. They have good grip and long life. I have went through almost every tire HPI makes and never found any as good as Sorex. Get whatever 24mm wheel you like but dish wheels from any manufacturer are probably a good choice.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I also recomend Dish wheels, try and get some speedmind ones as they are very strong. I picked some up online for $6-7 for 8 rims.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: newb - I think i need new tires..

Originally posted by DC5R
And rims Any suggestions for tires? Or do i just go to tamiya.com and pick some replacements?

You are in dire need of new tires and wheels. I recommend premounted tires and wheels because most have been decently glued.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Defintely need new rims and tires. Things will only get worse. I ran some tires way beyond their lifespan and the they blew up on me, inserts ripped out and whole car went ballistic. Better change them now before you break something else. Hence better now than later.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I think I need a 101 on glueing tires. I cant use these new RJ tires, foam rips out and tire comes off the wheel when i corner aggresively. THis doesnt happen with my old non-glued tires.

The new tires are on these wheels because the new wheels I got are a bit narrower (24mm i believe) than these white ones (26mm); and these new tires are so much meatier than my old ones. Guess I will have to get some dish wheels or maybe sell these tires since I dont think I really need them.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Qwiglee
I highly reccomend Sorex tires. They have good grip and long life. I have went through almost every tire HPI makes and never found any as good as Sorex. Get whatever 24mm wheel you like but dish wheels from any manufacturer are probably a good choice.
I agree with you bro... Also get a new nice rim... was that a protoform rim that you are using in the picture?..
Old 08-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by DC5R
I think I need a 101 on glueing tires. I cant use these new RJ tires, foam rips out and tire comes off the wheel when i corner aggresively. THis doesnt happen with my old non-glued tires.

The new tires are on these wheels because the new wheels I got are a bit narrower (24mm i believe) than these white ones (26mm); and these new tires are so much meatier than my old ones. Guess I will have to get some dish wheels or maybe sell these tires since I dont think I really need them.

what kind of glue are you using?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by calstarjig90j
Defintely need new rims and tires. Things will only get worse. I ran some tires way beyond their lifespan and the they blew up on me, inserts ripped out and whole car went ballistic. Better change them now before you break something else. Hence better now than later.
his are foam tires, no inserts
Old 08-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Rookie

My old tires werent foam, they just didnt have inserts, but my new tires have foam inserts I'm just using tamiya model glue. So can I put these wide tires on my 24mm rims if I glue them properly?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

you want to be using CA glue. Forget what it stands for, but it's about twice as strong as super blue