Tire Truer

Old 08-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tire Truer

I wouldnt mind getting back into Electric On-Road and a local track has an indoor carpet track they race on, I know foams are the only way to go(and plus thats all they allow)....and I would like to get a tire truer so I can get the most out of my expensive foam tires....but which one to get....I can not afford a Hudy truer...but what about those Cobra or Integy truers....how are they?

Thanks for the help again guys!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

check ebay 4 a Hudy
Old 08-23-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

What does a tire truer do? and why do you need to true your tires?
Thanks

Last edited by Team Duratrax; 08-23-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Some say it's essential. I went through a rookie season in nitro using tires straight out of the box not knowing any different and regarding it as a luxury.

I saw guys being able to "shave" their tires, thus, being able to re-use them while maintaining performance characteristics. Some kits require tires to be trued to certain sizes, sometimes different sizes from front to rears.

I picked up a Team Cobra and have immediately seen a gain in performance while saving loads of $$$ [to be spent on other RC things].

It's not bad, but I can certainly see the advantage of an automatic and one that can true at an angle as well. Eventually, I'll upgrade and the lucky fellow that gets my "old one" will have a finely honed truing machine [just like anything else in RC, it takes precision to set-it up so it can true to exacting sizes evenly].

^5
Old 08-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Tire Truer

Originally posted by nitro_tacklebox
I wouldnt mind getting back into Electric On-Road and a local track has an indoor carpet track they race on, I know foams are the only way to go(and plus thats all they allow)....and I would like to get a tire truer so I can get the most out of my expensive foam tires....but which one to get....I can not afford a Hudy truer...but what about those Cobra or Integy truers....how are they?

Thanks for the help again guys!
I heard Integy's full sized one isn't bad and although the Team Cobra full sized one is adeqequate, I'd stay away from their "trackside" versions.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

So when are you going to get rid of that Cobra?? I might be interested!