Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Essential pit tools (electric) >

Essential pit tools (electric)

Essential pit tools (electric)

Old 09-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by calstarjig90j
When I go racing I bring on a full setup of pretty much everything. Let's put it this way. If you use any tool for your RC car whether it was for something small or big, you should bring it. As your tool collection becomes larger. You can always downsize by taking out tools that can be done with another with multiple uses. Tools & RC racing go hand in hand. Gotta spend as much money on your tools to keep your rc racing cars in top shape.
now, thats where i get into a bit of a jam...
i build my own cars, so should i be bringing aluminium stock, drill press, scroll saw, bandsaw, hack saw, avaiation snips, bead roller, drill? :P

but seriosly, that is a exxiclent idea.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree
Old 09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by kh15
A MAGNENT! i cant tell you how many times i have seen people missplace stuff like motor spacers body clips etc. but mine are always stuck nicely to my little magnent pad!
Frig magnents work great. get a few from the pizza hut. glue 1 to the top of the shell and place 2 or 3 on the pit towel or sheet or what ever you use on top of the table.

Also use the magnent prior to packing your stuff up and it will pick up any missing items tha have been dropped on the table.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

i race compedetevly in stockand this is what i have callipers/philips/flathead screwdrivers/all the allen tools for z ray and pinion motor etc/bearingand bushing lube/curved scisors/scizors/perminant texta/veriose pliers etc/nail file/dust brush/metal ruler inch and millimetre/pocket knife/tooth brush/ball diff grease/one way lube/s**tloads of tires/presision screwdrivers/assorted screws body pins link tools etc/a lot of xray spare parts/big fan box/double sided tape/fibre glass tape/motor spray/pit towle/q world car stand ith magnet on the side and shock building station on the other side/deans wire/dean connectors/sticky tape/suspension oil/allen wrenches/camber gauge and thats about it altho i folrgot some stuff but i cant remember what
Old 09-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

also for the magnets, you can get great metal trays, wehre the bottom only is magnitized
Old 09-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

a good one i saw in rcca is take a tray from like a tv dinner and glue magnets in there then u have dividers and everything.