Wiki Posts
Search

On road cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default On road cars

Looking into the tamiya f1 cars but are they any good. I've read that the motors suck. Can anyone give me more info on them and if they are a reliable car. Ty
Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mindcrimes
Looking into the tamiya f1 cars but are they any good. I've read that the motors suck. Can anyone give me more info on them and if they are a reliable car. Ty
Never drove a F1 but I've had M03 Mini Coopers. The stock silver can motor was ok then I stuck a black can in it and it ran better. Finally I stuck a Mamba 7700 w/2s 4000 Lipo in it and it was incredibly fassssst.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Don't worry about a motor

Originally Posted by Mindcrimes
The F1 is a simple and reliable car. Check out youtube and F1 TCS. You will see just how fast that "suck" motor can go, and how fun the car can be. Of course I have driven the F1, I owned an F201, but I race sedan. If you plan to race in that class, go for it, but be ready for a challenging car. They can be tamed, so don't despair. Also, I recently returned to rear drive mini just for the added challenge of rear drive.

Bottom line = Enjoy it.

EBR