Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will my car be ok ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default will my car be ok ?

hi everyone have a question with my rustler vxl being all stock but a few broken parts i replace with rpm parts and replace my stock battery with a 2s lipo battery i was thinking of taking out to the tracks next weekend and give it a run for the first time. now i was told they have dirt hills on the tracks and i am not sure how quick my car run's now with my lipo battery since i don't have a speed tester but i do know it is 5000 mah 7.2 7 cell 2s lipo battery and my question is is there any mods i might need to do on my car that will help keep my car from flipping when i ramp dirt hills with the front being less weight then my back was not sure how it would act to the jump.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

try jumping a curb. if it lands with the nose in the air, either stay off the throttle while its airborn, or add a lil weight to the front!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Your Rustler will be OK! There tuff and with RPM your in good shape. Try jumping and youll need to learn how to control your car while in the air. Like it was said above. If your car nose dives pull the throttle a little while your in the air. This help pull the front end up a little. You can also put the foam battery block in the front or rear and move your battery more twords the front or back to mone the weight around(if you can. I forget if you can move the battery front to back in the Rustler)
Old 01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

yea the nose dose go down when i ramp it i just try it and i slid real fare on the top of my car upside down and scratch the top good to but hey i am learning right lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadowm891
hi everyone have a question with my rustler vxl being all stock but a few broken parts i replace with rpm parts and replace my stock battery with a 2s lipo battery i was thinking of taking out to the tracks next weekend and give it a run for the first time. now i was told they have dirt hills on the tracks and i am not sure how quick my car run's now with my lipo battery since i don't have a speed tester but i do know it is 5000 mah 7.2 7 cell 2s lipo battery and my question is is there any mods i might need to do on my car that will help keep my car from flipping when i ramp dirt hills with the front being less weight then my back was not sure how it would act to the jump.
Hey there. Good to hear you're gonna check out the track. You'll love it. RPM is great. Durability shouldnt' be an issue. Your lipo is fine with that brushless system. That's around the average and will have plenty of power for a track in a 2WD stadium truck. If the track is a 1/8th scale track, be careful. You will more than likely not be able to clear some of the jumps. However, if it is rated at 1/10th you'll be fine. What tires are you running? Tires are very important, especially with a 2WD vehicle. That's the only mod I'd say before anything else. Jumping.. you should be fine assuming nothings to big. Just line up the jump and if you feel you don't have enough speed, or you're not steady leading up to it, "roll" the jump. This is when you just basically.... roll over it, not necessarily jumping. The biggest tip I can tell you is, smooth is fast. Don't try and do things you're not capable of yet. Work your way up to it. The tips above are good, but you're using a 2WD truck. The tips apply more to 4x4 vehicles, but still work in your case. Just not as well as you'd notice in a 4x4 vehicle. Brakes will bring the nose down, and Throttle to bring the nose up.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Hey there. Good to hear you're gonna check out the track. You'll love it. RPM is great. Durability shouldnt' be an issue. Your lipo is fine with that brushless system. That's around the average and will have plenty of power for a track in a 2WD stadium truck. If the track is a 1/8th scale track, be careful. You will more than likely not be able to clear some of the jumps. However, if it is rated at 1/10th you'll be fine. What tires are you running? Tires are very important, especially with a 2WD vehicle. That's the only mod I'd say before anything else. Jumping.. you should be fine assuming nothings to big. Just line up the jump and if you feel you don't have enough speed, or you're not steady leading up to it, "roll" the jump. This is when you just basically.... roll over it, not necessarily jumping. The biggest tip I can tell you is, smooth is fast. Don't try and do things you're not capable of yet. Work your way up to it. The tips above are good, but you're using a 2WD truck. The tips apply more to 4x4 vehicles, but still work in your case. Just not as well as you'd notice in a 4x4 vehicle. Brakes will bring the nose down, and Throttle to bring the nose up.
thanks for the tip man . What are some good tires you would recommend for dirt tracks even grass and on road and will i need to replace both front and back or just back since its only 2wd. The ones i have now which i only replace are the traxxas anaconda.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the tip man . What are some good tires you would recommend for dirt tracks even grass and on road and will i need to replace both front and back or just back since its only 2wd. The ones i have now which i only replace are the traxxas anaconda.
Definitely replace those anacondas. They are very bad on grass and dirt. If you want to go cheap, check out just a set of rear tires. The ideal is all 4, however. I am not sure on your track surface, but my "Go to" tire is the Proline Caliber for my 8th scale buggy and truggy. It is the first tire and usually the tire I "go to" when I'm not sure what to use.

1/10 Calibers ( http://prolineracing.com/race/calibe...ck-rear-tires/ )

Wheels ( http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck-wheels )

When picking a wheel, just remember to check if it has a 12mm hex. That's what the Rustler uses.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah i don't mind spending a lil more on tires and wheels as long as they do what there post to do since most i do is on road and grass maybe dirt
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

yeah i don't mind spending a lil more on tires and wheels as long as they do what there post to do since most i do is on road and grass maybe dirt
The tires I mentioned above should be strictly for the track. They're a race tire, so on road, they will be eaten up very quickly. For a basher tire, check out "prolineracing.com" and they will have a wide variety of tires. Just go to the 1/10 truck category.