Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help with my ta05

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help with my ta05

on my ta05, i ordered a 3racing battery strap. i have to drill 4 holes into my new chassis. what is worrying me is one of the hole will be close the edge on both sides of the hole im drilling. im afraid itll break the cf and ruin the whole chassis. i was wondering if the cf will hold up or should i just toss the strap aside and just velcro the bottom of the battery to the chassis. pro on the velcro is i wouldnt have to worry about the battery not fitting and super easy removal. cons is the battery might fall out if i were to get in a crash. i would be using a hard case of course. what are youre opinions on this? and the ta05 will be a drifter so i wont be doing high speeds.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If the hole you're concerned about has less than a full hole diameter to separate it from either side, I wouldn't do it that way. Even if there is more distance than the size of the hole between the edges and the hole you need to drill, not sure I'd do it that way either. I'd have the same concern you do that it'd weaken the area of the chassis. Unless this is in an unstressed area of the chassis, I'd go with the velcro to get it mounted.

Any way you can get a velcro strap around it and the frame too? I use a full length of teh lipo strip of velcro on most of my lipos and a few straps. They don't move that way, crash or not.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

okay. no drilling it is. i would hate risking it. do you have a picture of what you mean by velcroing it all the way around?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sorry, I confused the issue, but what I meant was I use a piece of velcro that matches the length of the bottom of the lipo. I've seen others just using a short piece, but I use a piece thats as long as the bottom of the lipos. I use 1" wide industrial grade velcro. Its very aggressive and is a significant part of keeping lipos from moving.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Agreed, velcro is the go. If your drifting it's gonna be a really hard hit to knock it loose! I would cable tie down the battery leads to the chassis so that if it does come free it dosen't pull the leads in to the belt or worse pull the speedy out with it!

Last edited by bigsimmo77; 12-31-2010 at 09:26 AM.