Wiki Posts
Search

graupner super mini impuls?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default graupner super mini impuls?

hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and new to nitro rc. About two weeks ago I got my first nitro rc. Then i bought another one from someone who said it ran two years ago but he didnt know what it was. After asking around I was told it was a pirate 10. But i never saw any pirate 10's that looked like this. When i did find a car with a chassis like this one it was called the graupner super mini impuls and all the sites talking about it are in german. Does anyone know what this car is called in the us? Is it worth putting back together? It does'nt look to have anything wrong with it but the pull start popped. It has a thunder tiger pro .21r engine on it. Are those engines any good?
Attached Thumbnails graupner super mini impuls?-101_0510.jpg   graupner super mini impuls?-101_0511.jpg   graupner super mini impuls?-101_0513.jpg  
Old 12-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

i guess im not the only one that has no idea what this is
Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't have that particular engine, but one of my planes has a TT Pro46 in it and its been good engine. I realize duty in a plane is diff than a car, so that might not mean a lot. TT nitro helis seem to be well respected.

Didn't get any replies on RCU either. Are you sure it was sold in US?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Duster_360
I don't have that particular engine, but one of my planes has a TT Pro46 in it and its been good engine. I realize duty in a plane is diff than a car, so that might not mean a lot. TT nitro helis seem to be well respected.

Didn't get any replies on RCU either. Are you sure it was sold in US?
thanks for the reply. to be honest I'm not sure where its sold. i know nothing about it. but the first car i bought just a week ago was a traxxas rustler, so you could imagine how my eyes got big when i saw this...... on the engine it sat for 2 years he said and he knows nothing about them and i read that you need to spray lube in them when they sit. im sure he didnt. so when i tried the pull start it popped. after lubing the cylinder everything is moving free now! wish i would have read about the wd40 in the cylinder and exhaust port before i popped the string. could have saved $26 on another pull start!!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you're going to tray starting it, the fuel system is often gummed up on one thats sat for a while. People leave fuel in them and it evaporates leaving a gummy residue behind. Replace the fuel line for starters and see it it will prime. If the fuel won't move, you have a plug somewhere. If fuel moves up to the carb, try starting.

If it won't start, take air cleaner off and put 3 or 4 drops of fuel in it and try it that way. If it starts and runs a few sec, then you have a fuel prob. This is usually a clog in the needle assembly where the fuel comes into the carb. Taking that apart and cleaning usually gets it running.

You may be lucky and the guy didn't leave fuel in it. Good luck
Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Duster_360
If you're going to tray starting it, the fuel system is often gummed up on one thats sat for a while. People leave fuel in them and it evaporates leaving a gummy residue behind. Replace the fuel line for starters and see it it will prime. If the fuel won't move, you have a plug somewhere. If fuel moves up to the carb, try starting.

If it won't start, take air cleaner off and put 3 or 4 drops of fuel in it and try it that way. If it starts and runs a few sec, then you have a fuel prob. This is usually a clog in the needle assembly where the fuel comes into the carb. Taking that apart and cleaning usually gets it running.

You may be lucky and the guy didn't leave fuel in it. Good luck
there was no fuel lines on it so i got my fingers crossed that i wont have that problem. i'll see when the pull start gets here. thanks for the starting tips!!