Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Help selecting a car kit...... >

Help selecting a car kit......

Help selecting a car kit......

Old 07-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you are just starting, which it sounds like you are, find out what most guys are running at the track you will be at most of the time. They should be able to help you get started with setup tips etc. (I know the guys at my track did with me) - also be sure about parts availability at your local hobby shop. I would be very surprised if you don't break a few parts while you are learning.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

XXXS!!!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

id go with the TC3. Its a great novice car.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Re: Help selecting a car kit......

Originally posted by spmiz
Ok gang I need some more help.... I have decided on a 1/10 scale electric sedan model themed around the nascar chevy. I was initial going to buy the frame and build upon it however I am thinking it may be better to get a kit and add the Losi shell to it. I am wondering if there are, or better yet, what the best kit would be for me to start with??? And where to get?? It seems I get real confused by all the different kits and what they go to.

Thanks for the help..............
Check this link to help you decide w/c to go.. Browse the site very well and you will be amazed!!..
http://www.rc10.com/shusting/Catalog...ockits.htm#Off
Old 08-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Re: Help selecting a car kit......

Originally posted by spmiz
Ok gang I need some more help.... I have decided on a 1/10 scale electric sedan model themed around the nascar chevy. I was initial going to buy the frame and build upon it however I am thinking it may be better to get a kit and add the Losi shell to it. I am wondering if there are, or better yet, what the best kit would be for me to start with??? And where to get?? It seems I get real confused by all the different kits and what they go to.

Thanks for the help..............
Hey, this may be different to everyone else's suggestions, but my first decent chassis was a Tamiya, a TB Evolution 3, thats a shaft drive. If you were looking for a belt drive, try an X-RAY or a TRF 415 chassis kit. Hope this helps. Later on, if you want a more advanced shaft drive, try the new TB Evolution 4.. Look on Ebay, you can find these on there. The EVO 4 and the 415 will probably come in their original boxes as a kit, but there is a good chance that an EVO 3 would already have been built and raced. Hope this helps.

Last edited by EVO4man; 08-05-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All the main companies (AE, Losi, Tamiya & all that). Most of their cars are basically the same. If you're looking for an all out racer choose one of them. If you just want something to play with & model NASCAR's after. Then I'd recomend the same or a lower budget car.

And for the record, I've the driven the TC3. HATE IT! Went to Xray, love it! It's the best car I've driven & it's a tank!
Old 08-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 08-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

xray t1 fk simply the best...
Old 08-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

I tried the xray of my buddy in the track last week just check out how does it differ from other.. My observation was its ok and a bit fast but as I tried the 415 of my buddy I was amazed and shock to how it respond so quick to the radio!.. its much faster than an xray!. its just my opinion!..
Old 08-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Hmmm. To me it seems pretty obvious, that Rice like the XRay because of handling and durability....
ur rite dude. its all der. nothing to add up.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

The xray is a car that will most likely go togeather with not troubles and can be quite quick. If I was to pick a TC I would definately go with one with a winning background and good parts support (TC3 all the way!!)
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

FT TC3 all the way up!!.. two thumbs up !!!!!!!!...