Wiki Posts
Search

Hello from New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hello from New Mexico

thought I'd introduce myself, name is Nathan. I live in Albuquerque, a member of the Navajo Nation and a silversmith(how cliché is that). Besides rc's my other hobbies are firearms(AR15,Mossy 590), Archery and a little airsoft.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Whats up.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer53
Whats up.
Just about ready to start some work. Thanks for the greeting racer53.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

welcome to the party
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BlackwoodXXL
thought I'd introduce myself, name is Nathan. I live in Albuquerque, a member of the Navajo Nation and a silversmith(how cliché is that). Besides rc's my other hobbies are firearms(AR15,Mossy 590), Archery and a little airsoft.
Hi Nathan,
I live in Rio Rancho, and I just got into rc cars. I used to airsoft at ABQ Airsoft every weekend until it recently closed. If you're into racing rc cars there's an on-road track RCRIOT(I'll be racing at)
http://rcriot.forumotion.com/forum.htm
and and off-road track, ARCOR
http://arcorraceway.org/
Both are located in Albuquerque.

There's supposed to be a couple good tracks in White Rock, and there might be a couple around Farmington.

You can ask me questions if you'd like, I'll try to help as much as I can. For both RC and Airsoft around Albuquerque!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hyperguy
welcome to the party
Thanks for the welcome hyperguy.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi there Zac_with_no_K, I'm not much of a racer mostly just bash. I did go to the arcor raceway once to see how to start racing, but all I got was snobby attitude from some of the officials and racers, and was told there was no MT class so I just left and never went back. As for airsoft all I have is a cheap springer and a another cheap Doubleeagle G36, plan on getting a KWA CQB AR15 soon hopefully, but most of my fun money is going to my AR15 pistol build and rc's.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Hi there Zac_with_no_K, I'm not much of a racer mostly just bash. I did go to the arcor raceway once to see how to start racing, but all I got was snobby attitude from some of the officials and racers, and was told there was no MT class so I just left and never went back. As for airsoft all I have is a cheap springer and a another cheap Doubleeagle G36, plan on getting a KWA CQB AR15 soon hopefully, but most of my fun money is going to my AR15 pistol build and rc's.
I haven't been down to the ARCOR track yet, But I want to get into Short Course trucks when I can afford it mainly for bashing around my house.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default come on down

Hey lads,

How's it going?

Hey blackwood, sorry to hear about you being "cool guyed" when you came to ARCOR.
There are a few guys that race here are not always the most welcoming, but the majority of the people that race here are really friendly.
And in 2011 a completely new board is taking over and we are emphasizing fun and a family atmosphere, some of the old board members were trying to make the track more of a pro atmosphere, which face it, these are toy cars.

True there is no dedicated monster truck class, but we are trying to revive that. The majority of the country doesn't run MTs so we were trying to cater to the masses.
But now we are trying to get a dedicated MT class going, but either way come back by and I guaranty you can run your MT, it might be against the truggies but you can still run. And there have been a few others expressing interest in MT as well.

We race this sunday 10-17, gates open at 9 racing at 10am. Come on down, bring your MT and come race, look for me I drive a white suburban and can get you acquainted.

See you there!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the welcome hyperguy.
if u get the chance to race at arcor...DO IT... the tracks r usually awesome...usually i go down for the tumbleweed classic
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default just jump right in

dont let the so called "cool kids" phase you, walk right in and sign up for the novice race and start having fun. its what this is suppose to be about anyhow....and after youve been there awhile and a you see a new guy show up welcome him with a big ol smile..........oh and welcome to the rc world.........
Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks for the invite

But sadly, I couldn't make it. I had two large orders to finish that weekend and was busy the whole time. Plus I haven't checked on this thread since I signed up, mostly I scan through the Monster truck forum and the for sale forums. Plus that all but one of my rc's are down, I haven't even been able to run the new one I got in trade(Duratrax Warhead thread in Monster truck forum). Sider662, hyperguy,ghost thanks again for the invite guys, if theres any more races I'll try to make it, and depending on how much work I have.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I taught on the Rez.

Ya' at' eeh!

I student taught at Teec Nos Pos or Tiisnazbas.

I got my first teaching job on the Ramah Navajo part of the Rez.

Welcome
Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MC1357
Ya' at' eeh!

I student taught at Teec Nos Pos or Tiisnazbas.

I got my first teaching job on the Ramah Navajo part of the Rez.

Welcome
Thanks for the welcome, MC1357. It's been a long time since I was back home(the Rez).
Old 11-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

What part of the rez are you from?

Thanks for the welcome, MC1357. It's been a long time since I was back home(the Rez).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.