Motor trouble

Old 04-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Motor trouble

Im had my motor for about three weeks its a 27 turn green stuff one and now when you want to go forword or backward you have to give a little push to get it to go. Also does anyone know the motor limit on a M. Tronik ST 500 turbo speed controller [its old] any help would be appreciated
Old 04-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hung-brush

I had the exact same problem today , take out the brushes and round off the edges of the brushes with very very fine sand paper (they have probably created a sharp jagged edge on then from the use), only the edges nothing else and only round them off a bit so that the brushes don't get caught. Or you can buy some new brushes which is probably the better option but I've had my stocker for 8 months and I havn't changed the brushes once but I do do alot of maintance to keep it clean and in good working order. This is a tempary fix up just to keep you running, if your racing get some new brushes and springs. Also I'd recommend getting your comm cut.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no idea about the ESC.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-13-2002 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Do you have any tips to set up camber and toe quickly as I am studying for my GCSE's and dont have time to keep fiddling about
the car is a schumacher sst sport
Old 04-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry mate I've never run a TC in my life, I run F1. But I'm sure the guys in the Schumacher Corner thread in the Electric forum could help you out.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...823#post100823
Old 04-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink reply on motor

hey i had the same trouble when i had a reversale speed control it sucks get a quantam thats what i have and i have a factory team tc3 it beats every body at the races. about your motor trouble you need to replace your brushes and also put in new springs and cut your coom i got a question do you race at a track at all? w/b with youre reply fatdoggy!! peace
Old 05-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

I managed to fix my motor what had happened was a stone got in a knocked one of the bushes out of contact. I do race but I like in wet and windy England. What cars have you all got mine is a shumacher sst sport which is one of the slower cars there as alot of them are running 7 and 8 turn motors and mine is only a 27 turn motor but I still enjoy myself
Old 05-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: reply on motor

Originally posted by FactoryteamTc3
about your motor trouble you need to replace your brushes and also put in new springs and cut your coom i got a question do you race at a track at all? w/b with youre reply fatdoggy!! peace
Nope I don't race yet but I did recommended that if he raced he should buy some new brushes.

jonnieknight - I run a hpi super F1 with a stocker.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 05-04-2002 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'd also say it was a hung brush, but as for the ESC, the limit is probably stock