Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
What Traxxas Slash should I buy? 2WD OR 4WD? PLZ HELP! >

What Traxxas Slash should I buy? 2WD OR 4WD? PLZ HELP!

What Traxxas Slash should I buy? 2WD OR 4WD? PLZ HELP!

Old 10-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, when we were racing our Slash on the oval carpet track alot of guys were using 100wt all the way around. As far as the the run time goes I would say a good 20 min. it all depends where your running them. ( like grass or the street). I can tell you I was told to only run them till you can tell they are slowing down some but not to run them dead or so I was told.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bitman63 View Post
Hello, when we were racing our Slash on the oval carpet track alot of guys were using 100wt all the way around. As far as the the run time goes I would say a good 20 min. it all depends where your running them. ( like grass or the street). I can tell you I was told to only run them till you can tell they are slowing down some but not to run them dead or so I was told.
Thank you
Old 11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
I live in the Sacramento area
I live in Carmichael. I'll add you to my friends list and once I get my RCs unpacked (just moved back) maybe we can meet up and do some bashing. I've got both a slash 2wd and 4x4.

I love both my trucks. The 4x4 is a good truck and is a blast to drive but its a little more complicated of a design so there is more stuff to pay attention to. The 2wd is amazingly durable and super low maintenance. Just put a battery in it, bash the crap out of it till the battery dies, put a charged battery in and repeat. You can spend as little or as much time working on it as you want, it will provide you with pretty much non stop smiles either way.

If you are looking for a decent entry level battery charger that can charge everything at a decent price I would check out the Thunder AC6 at hobbypartz.com.

As for batteries, I would recommend starting out with 2s 5000mah lipo batteries from hobbyking.com. The ones that are hardcase with wires coming out of the end or top are best. Run times vary depending on use but I get about 35 minutes on a 2s 5200mah lipo. I'm not sure about non-lipo batteries because I don't run them.

There are a few durability issues with the truck, but fixes are out there and once taken care of it should be pretty durable.

There is a lot of good info here in the electric offroad forum about the slash 4x4. I would also suggest checking out the slash 4x4 forum at traxxas.com.

Links:
charger suggestion
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
battery suggestion
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14976
The Ultimate Slash Video (one of my favs in case you haven't seen it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hG2nIUegA
Old 11-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

zzrguy I'm using 40wt ft and rear.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2wd slash would be my choice they are a very tough truck and a great entry level truck with a lot of upgrades, from what i have seen the 4x4 slash is a good truck but seems to lack the durability of the 2wd. Part of the problem is people new to the sport who dont know how to handle the power of the brushless motor seem to break a lot of stuff. Just my experience and opinion lol. As for shock wt when i had my slash i ran 70 all the way around worked great.