Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie post with technical question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie post with technical question

Hello to all. I just got into the hobby, and I have an HPI Sprint and an Associated TC3. My TC3 has a JR XR2 radio, and an LRP v7.1 IPC digital speed control. I want to run a 10 cell battery pack in this car for one drag race, but the instructions for both the speed control and the radio say I can't due to voltage restrictions. The LRP says I can run 10 cells if I run the ESC without using the BEC, the problem is I got this car used and the radio didn't come with the battery box and switch so that you can run it on a separate power source and go crazy on the cells.

With all that out of the way, does anybody know either a part number and supplier so that I can buy a battery box, switch, and necessary hardware, or does anybody know the pinout of the battery port on the JR receiver in the car so I can build one myself? These items are not listed separately in the instruction manual, nor is there a pinout provided for the battery box accessory (obviously so you'll have to buy it from them).

Why am I doing this? Because a friend of mine says there's no way I can build an electric car that can beat his nitro. I can beat him with what I have now (aforementioned parts plus a P94 8X1 motor and WAY overgeared on the pinion) but I want to stomp a mudhole in him and walk it dry.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:28 AM
Regional Moderator

check with the guys down in theodore at Hurricane Motor Sports. I am sure that one of them has an extra battery holder that will work for you.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hurricane closed down, and just recently re-opened, but it's almost 100% paintball stuff in there now. They still have the track and let you run on it for $5, but as of last month there was absolutely no RC stuff in the store. The new owner said he was going to try and get the stuff from the previous owner, but I don't know if he did or not.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds fun...

I believe almost every LHS with RC, carry these parts. Or if you have another RC-friend, he probably have them laying around...