Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Hey - Purchase advice >

Hey - Purchase advice

Hey - Purchase advice

Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey - Purchase advice

Hey guys. Basically I'm gonna be picking up a truck and just want general advice on my choices. I'm sure I must have missed something aswell, so yeah. Here's my list.

Traxxas E-Revo VXL
Hitec HS-85MG
Traxxas 23T Pinion Gear 48pitch
Traxxas Spur Gear 50 Tooth
Traxxas Battery Parrallel Connector
Zippy 2200mAh 11.1V 3S 25c x2
TP-610c Thunder Power Balance Charger

One other thing, apart from if I've missed something, I'm unsure how to go about using the batteries from a connection standpoint. I know they are using JST-XH connector? I've tried looking for a converter to traxxas but was unable to find something. Thanks for the help all, I've tried to research as much as possible but there's so much to learn! That's where you lot come in
Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The JST-XH is just the balance lead connector. You couldn't find an adapter because there is no such thing. The battery's main power connector can usually be ordered with whatever connector you need. In your case, get the Traxxas connector.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just got 3 lipos from HK/HC and they came with the XT60 connector for the main power wires. They tell you in the lipo ad on HK/HC which connector it will come with. You'll need to find either an adapter (or make one) from that connector to traxxas. Its usually best just to change the connector. If you can't or don't solder, a decent lhs should be able to fix you up.

Make sure the charger comes with an adapter board for the JST-XH balance connector. That charger prob comes with only the TP style balance connector and that will not fit a JST-XH balance tap.

Check your voltage on the lipos before you do anything, make sure you got good ones!!