hello =D

Old 09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hello =D

hello, i'm new to this hobby. hope can know more people here =D just got myself a TT01D. anyone into drift too? (can teach me few tricks?) =D

cheers,
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

was just wondering, what will be the best spur gear and pinion gear for drift cars(TT01D)? i read through the post in the forum for TT01. people recommend 58t/23t for touring cars. can we use the same for drift? =X
Old 09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hi! i did some drifting a while back. you want low gear cuz the torque. soft springs in front, medium in back, 19t motor, and some drift tires. other than that, it should drift fine. the tt01 is a good starting car. i didn't do any hop ups on mine cuz it'll cost you more than you really want to spend. instead, i bought me a xray. don't remember what kind but it made a world of a difference.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

rc-drift.com/rc-drift-forum/index.php?topic=7632.msg111691;topicseen#msg111691 this guys has a great example of a drift car. and he even tells you his set up.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i started drifting with a tt01-E and it was a great car. what u need to do is upgrade the plastic bearing to metal bearings, then change the centre shaft to alloy then u r good to go...

and if u have some more cash to spend u can buy ezrun brushless motor and the last is the upper deck like the tt01-E to reduce steering slop.

Thats pretty much what u need, the rest of the upgrade will be a waste...
hope that helps.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

left the pinion and spur part out. what i usually do is calculate the ratio.
the next time u change motor the pinion would be different too, but generally speaking it's more torque like Brenda said.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brenda
hi! i did some drifting a while back. you want low gear cuz the torque. soft springs in front, medium in back, 19t motor, and some drift tires. other than that, it should drift fine. the tt01 is a good starting car. i didn't do any hop ups on mine cuz it'll cost you more than you really want to spend. instead, i bought me a xray. don't remember what kind but it made a world of a difference.
thanks bro, you bought xray for drifting too?

Originally Posted by Brenda
rc-drift.com/rc-drift-forum/index.php?topic=7632.msg111691;topicseen#msg111691 this guys has a great example of a drift car. and he even tells you his set up.
thanks dude for the great info!

Originally Posted by cielo1889
i started drifting with a tt01-E and it was a great car. what u need to do is upgrade the plastic bearing to metal bearings, then change the centre shaft to alloy then u r good to go...

and if u have some more cash to spend u can buy ezrun brushless motor and the last is the upper deck like the tt01-E to reduce steering slop.

Thats pretty much what u need, the rest of the upgrade will be a waste...
hope that helps.
thanks! hmm.. but seems like TT01 can't really push much? it's like there are limited parts to upgrade. was just wondering what model is best for drifting?