Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
First time at the track... >

First time at the track...

First time at the track...

Old 08-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm gonna try to go again this week, but I'm under pressure with work. Hopefully I can make it without forgetting something that keeps me from running. hahaha.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
I'm gonna try to go again this week, but I'm under pressure with work. Hopefully I can make it without forgetting something that keeps me from running. hahaha.
good luck. and make a checklist will you sitting here and can think about it.

when i do yardwork for my grandmas the second week i forgot something then i made a checklist and have not forgot one tool yet.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Don't think I'm gonna make it this week. Sucks.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

too much work?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah. I'm done for the night and charging my battery, I still may go. I have a couple new parts I wanted to install but may not have the chance. The job I'm on quickly turned in to a pain in the butt.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

why didnt you snag some velcro (if not urself, off a fellow racer...there's always some1 at the track with a roll of it from the hardware store), lay a strip of hook on the chassis and a strip of loop on the backside of your battery and make the day?

good luck, enjoy the hobby, enjoy it at the track!

R
Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A check list is a great way to keep track of things, im already going on page 2 with stuff.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

that sucks. i have yet to feel the joy of driving on a track. im gonna make one in my backyard though. for just bashing. ill keep people updated and start a thread if they want to see pics and give tips or hints to what to do and what not
Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Where in cali do you live?

So I was able to make it to the track for the practice day and it was a lot of fun. I t was pretty funny because I had my 17mm adapters on my Slash and everyone said something about them. It was practice and I don't plan on racing yet. When I do I'll have SC wheels. everyone was nice, but it was funny how so many people tried to bring it up.

I ended up losing one of the nuts that hols the adapter in to place, right where there's a dark spot on the track. hahaha. I hadn't ordered an spares yet and it's special order.

All in all, it was a blast. Already found a couple good spots where it seems best to jump. Can't wait to race.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by marooko
Where in cali do you live?

So I was able to make it to the track for the practice day and it was a lot of fun. I t was pretty funny because I had my 17mm adapters on my Slash and everyone said something about them. It was practice and I don't plan on racing yet. When I do I'll have SC wheels. everyone was nice, but it was funny how so many people tried to bring it up.

I ended up losing one of the nuts that hols the adapter in to place, right where there's a dark spot on the track. hahaha. I hadn't ordered an spares yet and it's special order.

All in all, it was a blast. Already found a couple good spots where it seems best to jump. Can't wait to race.
Just be happy your first session didn't end in a stripped out diff and a broken LF wheel.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Oh i know it could have been much worse, I'm glad it wasn't. But, I didn't even get through an entire battery pack. lol. When i got home to charge it though, it was at 7.4, so it was just about to cut off anyway. But man, I really dig the track. I think I'm gonna want to race sooner than I thought I would.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

sounds sick ha. i wish i had the time and money to race. i need to get a job first being 18 fresh out of high school and in college now. plus the economy is so bad no one is hiring.

i live in Stockton. which sucks track wise cause the closest one i know of is at funworks in modesto (a 40 minute drive)
Old 08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

I knew a guy who got all the way to the track, had his setup gear, tools, fuel, radio, extra tires, spare parts and everything. Know what he forgot? His car! 3 hour drive too...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sviglienzone4
sounds sick ha. i wish i had the time and money to race. i need to get a job first being 18 fresh out of high school and in college now. plus the economy is so bad no one is hiring.

i live in Stockton. which sucks track wise cause the closest one i know of is at funworks in modesto (a 40 minute drive)
Well, I don't plan on racing for a while, mainly because of money, but I will go practice. You should try to come out some time. PMing you.

Originally Posted by Dredd
I knew a guy who got all the way to the track, had his setup gear, tools, fuel, radio, extra tires, spare parts and everything. Know what he forgot? His car! 3 hour drive too...
OUCH!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

yah sounds pretty cool. i would definately love to.

yah i would be so mad if i had everything except the car. ha and the drive being 3 hours. screw that ha (makes the checklist idea nice lol)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.