Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
B4.1 or T4.1 RTR? >

B4.1 or T4.1 RTR?

B4.1 or T4.1 RTR?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default B4.1 or Brushless SC10 RTR?

Hi all I searched but didnt have any real luck on this question. I have a 2wd slash I bash around in and have taken to the track once, but I really feel like I want something a little different. I dont think short course is for me really. at least the slash. I'm just wondering what you guys think the better bet would be for a new racer, but not new to rc? I was looking at the B4.1 brushless RTR or the T4.1 brushless RTR. I already have a few lipos from my slash so batteries wouldn't really be a problem I dont think. I would just like to know if you think the t4 or b4 would be better?

Thanks so much!

EDIT: I actually changed it, it's between a B4 and an SC10 now i believe. Would the buggy make be a better driver compared to the SC10 since it is more precise it seems? Thanks again guys!

Last edited by Mach Nine; 08-08-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

well the b4 or t4 will be more fragile than your slash so you will have to be more careful. Otherwise the t4 is more like a slash; stable and easy to drive but the b4 is nimble and it will make you drive better.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is it going to be for track use or bashing? Keep in mind these are both race type vehicles and will be fragile compared to your Slash, but both should far out-perform your Slash on the track. If you plan to race you should find out if both the B and T have a class at your local track, many tracks have dropped the truck classes due to the popularity of the SC classes.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Depends on what's running at your local track(s) If there is a 2wd buggy but not truck or vice versa.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I know you said short course is not what you want to but think about it this way. I know when I first started out I had a T4 and even just landing wrong I broke things. The SC class has the big body like your slash and can handle a lot more mistakes due to the wheels being inside most of the body. You have the right idea though ASSOCIATED ALL THE WAY!!! Have fun thats all that matters
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

T4
Old 08-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Actually I changed it, it's between a B4 and an SC10 now i believe. Would the buggy make me a better driver compared to the SC10 since it is more precise it seems? Although the SC10 is more forgiving? And it seems the B4 can take jumps a lot better than a SC10? Is that about right? Thanks again guys!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well with all SC trucks, the body is like a parachute which makes jumping peculiar at times. A B4 is a nimble car with tons of tuning options, parts, and support. At any given track there will be at-least 5 people running them. It's a good vehicle. If you mash a wall hard it will break though and will cost a few bucks to fix. Luckily nearly every LHS will carry B4 parts. If you want to become a better driver, get a B4, just take it slow!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mach Nine
Actually I changed it, it's between a B4 and an SC10 now i believe. Would the buggy make me a better driver compared to the SC10 since it is more precise it seems? Although the SC10 is more forgiving? And it seems the B4 can take jumps a lot better than a SC10? Is that about right? Thanks again guys!
buggy needs more precision driving than stadium and sc trucks, jumping wise buggy is lighter and jumps better.

short course is most popular class right now, rubbing is racing

I like both and if AE made conversion kit, that would be splendid.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wait for the 4x4 SC10 to come out.

Hopefully it's soon.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

buggies r one of the hardest to get good at...they need a more precise setup so that they handle better versus the sc10 that u can take out of the box and b competitive with...slowly work ur way into the buggy. dont jump in or u will get frustrated
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

get the B4, I just got one and I would think it would make you a better driver in offroad
Old 10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by omarwashington
get the B4, I just got one and I would think it would make you a better driver in offroad
I drove a b4.1 brushless yesterday at the track.. i dont have one but a friendly man lat me drive it with a 2s lipo. let me say, after driving it, i am definatley going to pick one of them up in december. i have a rustler vxl and the b4.1 brushless had a 100 times better handling on the track.. i was blown away.. you should definatley get this car. i never even flipped it or spun it out over at least ten laps while my rustler always flips. it was also bone stock except for the 2s lipo.. b4.1 is a great choice for a car.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am proud owner of both a B4 and T4 FT vehicles. Both are great, but in all honesty the B4 can take more abuse. I beat the hell out of mine and just break dumb things like front A's and Ball cups. I broke the right side Axle carrier today But in all truth the buggy for me is harder to control on bad tracks. My crew are more into bashing at the moment and bash a dirt track that is a bit rough. The T4 owns that, where the B4 struggle with the big rocks and ground clearance issues. The jumps are also rough and unforgiving and uneven. The trucks own those too. I watched 3 mod sensored B4 buggies get chewed up by a box stock Traxxass Rustler with a 12T brushed Titan motor just because he was consistent and could just blast over the track without worry of tripping on a big rock or coming off the jump sideways like most buggies will tend to do on a poor track condition.

2wd 1/10 buggies tend to like nice pretty tracks that are well maintained. That or my crew and myself just suck at driving them but I dont think that is the case.