Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Team Associated SC10 Pavement Track Setup - HELP >

Team Associated SC10 Pavement Track Setup - HELP

Team Associated SC10 Pavement Track Setup - HELP

Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Team Associated SC10 Pavement Track Setup - HELP

I bought a SC 10 last year and recently put a novak 17.5 brushless motor with a GTB Speed control. I also have a spectrum receiver and M8 radio. Everything else is still stock the way it came out of the box. Im in a racing club in Everett WA and below is a link to a video for you to get a feel for the track Im racing on.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=zykT7xwjLLM

Im having some issues with handling, basically getting the truck to turn quicker at higher speeds around those tight turns on this pavement track. I really have to slow way down almost to a crawl to get a tight turn and all the other racers are flying by me on the corners.

Right now my setup has the camber at 1 and I use 50 weight shock oil in the front with silver springs and 40 wt in the back with green springs with a couple of inch shock clip/spacers on every shock.
I read something about keeping the arms just above level? l but I have not checked those yet.

Any help at all with a good set up for this road course would be very much appreciated!!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

If you want your truck to handle really well on this type of racing surface you are going to have to do some minor shock adjustments...

First off the truck has way to much chassis roll for running on the hard surface so you need to limit the amount of roll it has, this can be easily done by taking the shocks apart and installing about 3/8" of fuel tubing in between the piston and the bottom of the shock, easiest way to do this is to take the ball end off the end of the shock shaft, slide shock shaft and piston all the way out of the shock and then slip tubing over shaft, re-insert and build shock as normal. This will lower the stance of your truck and help it handle much better.

Also, I would go with a bit heavier oil, such as 60wt all the way around to slow the chassis roll, you can start with the stock springs, but I may suggest going to a bit stiffer spring on both ends, you may want to look at using a front spring on the rear due to the truck being much lower than previously.

This is a similar setup I ran on carpet oval last winter and could easily run 3-4 laps faster than any other truck.

Good luck
Old 08-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
If you want your truck to handle really well on this type of racing surface you are going to have to do some minor shock adjustments...

First off the truck has way to much chassis roll for running on the hard surface so you need to limit the amount of roll it has, this can be easily done by taking the shocks apart and installing about 3/8" of fuel tubing in between the piston and the bottom of the shock, easiest way to do this is to take the ball end off the end of the shock shaft, slide shock shaft and piston all the way out of the shock and then slip tubing over shaft, re-insert and build shock as normal. This will lower the stance of your truck and help it handle much better.

Also, I would go with a bit heavier oil, such as 60wt all the way around to slow the chassis roll, you can start with the stock springs, but I may suggest going to a bit stiffer spring on both ends, you may want to look at using a front spring on the rear due to the truck being much lower than previously.

This is a similar setup I ran on carpet oval last winter and could easily run 3-4 laps faster than any other truck.

Good luck
I will try this and thank you for your input!