Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
some engine+pipe advice >

some engine+pipe advice

some engine+pipe advice

Old 07-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default some engine+pipe advice

hey guys just after some advice on a good engine and exhaust set up for truggy.Was wondering what people would recommend is a great set up and money value.Im going to be racing a d8t.cheers
Old 07-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man I hope your ready for all the hype. Everyone is in love with what they are running so it will get strange. Me? O'Donnell Super Sport 21. with a R-2 pipe. Less than $300 and runs with all the big dogs. Keep your eyes open 'cause there is plenty of less than $200 mills out there.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

yeh i thought that i have opened a can of worms... was just wanting to narrow down a good starting point...i have had a fair few nitro cars/trucks etc but have been out of the hobby for a while and just need to "catch up" on the best gear.thanks for the reply
Old 07-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default Werks

I'm sure you'll here this more than once! Werks B-5 is $199 and its a very nice Italian mill. Unfortunately it's designed around the 2013 pipe if you wanna run it in truggy and that piece runs $99 bones..... So.... $300 all said and done. It comes shimmed for 30% and is one of the best motors out right now IMO. Not to mention the creator of the engine has a thread on here and usually responds to you within 1 day! Top Notch costumer service! This motor has KILLER bottom end which is a staple for a truggy and the sound with that 2013 is beastly. I like some of the other motors out now. Alpha green head is a nice truggy motor. Nova P5XLT or any Nova really... but they're not cheap. Shop around I bet you here Werks or the O'donnell more than any others as I've read most of the threads like this I'm trying to save you some time!

Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I agree, Werks B5 and 2013 pipe. If you are a member on Tower, you can get that combo for under 250.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I'm sure you'll here this more than once! Werks B-5 is $199 and its a very nice Italian mill. Unfortunately it's designed around the 2013 pipe if you wanna run it in truggy and that piece runs $99 bones..... So.... $300 all said and done. It comes shimmed for 30% and is one of the best motors out right now IMO. Not to mention the creator of the engine has a thread on here and usually responds to you within 1 day! Top Notch costumer service! This motor has KILLER bottom end which is a staple for a truggy and the sound with that 2013 is beastly. I like some of the other motors out now. Alpha green head is a nice truggy motor. Nova P5XLT or any Nova really... but they're not cheap. Shop around I bet you here Werks or the O'donnell more than any others as I've read most of the threads like this I'm trying to save you some time!

Good Luck!
thanks for the sound advice! I have been hearing alot about the Works B-5 and it would seem that it is one of the best value for money in that price range. I have a chance to pick up a fairly cheap Alpha F850,does anyone know if that engine is any good?