Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Throttle not returning >

Throttle not returning

Throttle not returning

Old 07-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Throttle not returning

After finally getting my 8 running nicely I have a new problem that arose toward the end of my day practicing.
My throttle needle stopped returning, at first I though that the spring was tangled or messed up but I unhooked the end that wasn't on the ball-end and pulled it tight and the throttle still didn't return.

I've taken my motor off the chassis and I can't find any evident damage and I can push the throttle back into the carb without much effort with my finger but it still won't return on its own; it doesn't seem to matter how tight the spring is pulled.
After the first time it happened we got it to work for about 10 minutes before it happened again by manually moving it in and out for a few min(trying to determine if it felt like something was stuck in there, it doesn't). The owner of my LHS noticed that the throttle servo didn't have the travel set correctly (I completely forgot to do it ), and set it for me.

I cleaned everything today and it's still behaving the same way. It doesn't seem to matter how much it's pulled it will, at most, only return a fraction of the distance even when the spring is pulled very tight. Is it possible I've damaged it by having the throttle servo pulling it so far out?

UPDATE: I took off the intake so I could watch the throttle move inside the carb. After moving it in and out a bit I noticed that there seems to be a "sweet spot" that it moves with almost no effort but if it gets twisted even a little it feels like it's grinding somewhere.

Last edited by Markah; 07-17-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sounds like you need to get your linkage aligned so that it pulls the carb straight out so it doesn't bind. This is a common problem on the 8ight.

Here's the Throttle Addendum that shows how you should have everything set up:

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...e_Addendum.pdf