Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Weirdest throttle reverse issue >

Weirdest throttle reverse issue

Weirdest throttle reverse issue

Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Weirdest throttle reverse issue

If I read this, I would think the poster was nuts or clueless. I am not nuts and I don't know much, but this is what happened and I'm really curious to find out why.

I have a Mamba monster and Neu motor combo in a Losi truggy. I powered this with an Akku 4S battery I got from ebay (by the way don't buy one of these, it died very quickly).
This setup worked fine for a couple of weeks then this morning when I turned it on and squeezed the throttle on my Spektrum transmitter, instead of going forward, the truck reversed. Now this is easy to fix, just reverse the throttle setting on the transmitter. This made the truck go forward when I squeezed the throttle, however as I had set reverse to only 30% power, it did not go forwards very fast. Setting the controller to 100% forward and reverse fixes the problem, but I'm really curious as to why or how this could have happened. Shortly after I fixed the problem with settings on my Spektrum, the battery died completely. Could the battery have been in a failure mode that would reverse the throttle before it died completely?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

that happens occasionally with mambas, still don't know why. the fix seems to be to switch any two motor lead wires and it works correctly again.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you so much for posting this reply. I would never have thought of the fix, but I reversed two of the motor leads and it went back to working normally again. It took me a while to get another 4S lipo, I now have the Venom 35C which works well. Thanks again.