Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Arrghhhhh.......Stupid electical gremlins! >

Arrghhhhh.......Stupid electical gremlins!

Arrghhhhh.......Stupid electical gremlins!

Old 05-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry Arrghhhhh.......Stupid electical gremlins!

A cookie to anyone who can figure this out.

Novak Dually speed controller
Airtronics MX-3 Transmitter/Reciever
GP3300 cells (fully charged)
Revenge of the Monster motor
AE T4

I have the entire car wired like the diagrams show. Red wire to the positive battery terminal out to the positive engine terminal. Blue wire to the negetive engine terminal. Black wire to the negetive battery terminal.

Enter the voltmeter.

8 volts going to the ESC from the battery. I have 4 volts going to the reciever from the ESC. I have no voltage going to the engine from the ESC (good thing).

With everything plugged in I get a big fat nothing. If I unplug the lead going from the ESC to the reciever, the speed controller light flashes red. Plug it back in, nothing. I've held down the one-touch button for over a minute and it still won't enter into programming mode.

I took the car, radio and instructions down to my local hobby shop and they told me everything was hooked up straight and true. They played with it for a few minutes and nothing.

Enter reciever battery pack.

If I plug the reciever battery pack into it's place on the reciever, the whole operation get's lit up like a christmas tree. The steering works, the wheels move and I can get into the programming mode.

WTF is going on??
Old 05-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sounds like your esc is having a fit.. try to unplug the battery let it sit . then re try set-up ... make sure your brushes are seated in the motor... make sure your esc and servo are in the right position's which im sure they are .. if you still have problems might get another esc .. there's a problem with the one you have ...i cant think of anything else ..at the moment ..
Old 05-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

doudle check that the 3 wires from the esc to the receiver are in the correct order. signal, + - or whatever your rx needs.